Electric

I knew he was right, I had no choice. Maybe I've always been destined for such a outcome. Hades, is a cold horrible man but he has to have a weakness, I could find out his weakness and exploit it to possibly escape this hell. I began thinking up a plan. I had it completed when noon came around.
I anticipated his approach, and as I suspected he was right on time. His eyes were mysterious, dangerous. He just looked at me for a long moment then his eyes drifted to the greenery that had bloomed around me since he'd last been here. "It's clear you have been thinking things over love, and I'm eager to hear what you have come up with." I looked him in the eye and pushed the words out of my mouth "my decision is yes, I will be your queen" I heard moaning from the dead, I supposed they had pity on me.
Hades half smiled, "Well that's wonderful news my dear but it's not what I meant. I am Hades, do you truly think you could fool me? I have seen many generations before you Persephone, and I have been betrayed by many much more powerful than you." A shiver went down my spine. The dead's protest got louder, they knew my fate. Hades raised his hand and they immediately quieted. He looked at me questioningly, "My dear Wife, follow me to the garden?" I got up silently and followed him.
Once we arrived he motioned me to sit on a throne that was clearly mine, it was directed across from his. He stood over me. "Persephone, I have been a loveless god for all of my long life. I have found you worthy to be my partner" he stroked my face "You are mine now" he then took me by the chin forcing me to look at him "If you choose to be noncooperative your life will remain most unpleasant." His eyes held something I hadn't seen in him before, a sort of softness "however if you will give me the chance, I could be perfect for you. You will see that you are meant for me."
He let go of my chin and once he turned his piercing eyes off of me I found my voice. "Hades.." I thought about how he had been rejected for the whole history of his reign. I almost let down my guard, I must remind myself of his trickery. "I have no choice but to be your wife, that is clear. But do not threaten me with hell. You might just reap what you sow, my dear" Hades chuckled darkly, "Persephone it's not a threat. It's a promise. I will never hurt you, now that your my queen you shall be treated like one but remember I am also your king. If you refuse me your only hurting yourself."
I was so frustrated staring at his toned back, I felt powerless. My confident words were empty. I knew one way to be powerful here. My only choice was to submit, if I could not find any other weakness, I would become just that, his weakness. I stood on my throne to match his height. He turned and I grabbed him by the hand pulling him closer. "I will be the best queen. My Lord" his eyes turned painful "I will make you actually want that Persephone, I just need the chance."
I nodded, and took his face between my hands leaned in and placed a kiss on his forehead. The pain in his eyes didn't leave. He stepped back and snapped his fingers, automatically spirits arrived out of thin air. "Please get Queen Persephone anything she needs and...prepare my chambers." He took my hand and kissed it, I flinched and automatically felt bad. "I shall tend to my godly duties love, I will see you tonight." Then he swept away at, well..Godly speed.
I didn't know what to do, exploit his weakness to get what I want by being his Queen? Or perhaps Hades was not the monster I had heard tells about, perhaps I might could be comfortable here. Plainly the truth is I had to get comfortable, and I had to keep my promise. I will be a queen.