Father Dearest

~*~ Your POV
   Your father stood in the empty space at the top, staring down at the Guardians. He couldn't see you, as you were behind Jack. And frankly, you didn't want to reveal yourself yet. You were so angry you could snap any second.

    "Hello Guardians," He stated. Your heart raced as you stared at him.

"What do you want, Pitch?" North demanded, his swords raised.

"Where is she?" Is all he asked. He was calm, not a glint of anger, or evil, just calm. There was a moment of silence from the entire room before I slowly stepped out from behind Jack. It was so quiet you could hear a pin drop to the floor. Not even the yetis were working or the elves were jingling their bells from their little hats.

    Pitch looked to you, and you suddenly found your heart throbbing.

"If you're looking to harm her-" Jack started, but Pitch held up a hand,

"I just want to talk to her," Pitch said. "Alone," he added. The Guardians were still in fighting positions, but you held up a hand to them and looked back at them all.

    "It's okay, I'll be fine." You assured them. Soon the Guardians put down their weapons and started walking away.

   "We'll be right through that door," Jack assured you and you nodded as they walked away and closed the door behind them.

   The room was silent again. You were suddenly equally nervous as you were angry, and your hands were sweaty.

   Meanwhile your father just smiled and looked at you.

  "My, how you've grown," he commented. You tried to smother the anxiety mounting in your chest, piling up like a mountain.

   "I don't want the compliments, just tell me what you want." you managed to say back, your voice cracking in between.

   What the heck Y/n? Pull yourself together!! You thought.

   Pitch sighed, "I know you're upset-"

   "I'm more than upset!" You interrupted. Your heart pounded and raced with pain, "And I'm pretty sure you can guess why,"

    He stayed quiet for a moment before regaining himself, "You and I both know that I had to." He explained.

   Your eyes went wide with anger, "I didn't know anything! I was a little girl, and I didn't even know who my own father was until I met the guardians!"

   "I had no choice," he tried to explain himself but you interrupted him once again,

   "You did have a choice. You had a choice and you denied it," you spoke, your voice trembling, "You left us."

   The last sentence sent Pitch into silence, yet his expression was still calm. No hurt, or pain which you were intending. You continued,

   "You left me and mama. You left us when mama began to get sick, and she died in my arms! Where were you when that happened? Where? Because I can guarantee that you weren't there with us!"

   "I couldn't be there because I wasn't human! You wouldn't have seen me!" He protested. "You couldn't have seen me because I. Am. A. Spirit!"

   "But it would've been nice to have your presence there!" You yelled. He went quiet again and listened to you, "To know that some part of my father stayed with us through everything! You told me before you left that you wouldn't let anything happen to me.. that you'd be looking after me! That the guardians would look after me too!"

  "I know what I said! You were little-"

  "Really? I was Little? Well guess what, I remember! I held onto that for so long, and now I meet the Guardians and I hear my father is scaring kids and that he's a murderer!"

  "I'm no murderer!" He defended but you laughed with no heart-felt into it.

   "Tell that to sandy!" You yelled. Your voice echoed and bounced off the walls, turning into silence once more. You were pretty sure the Guardians could hear you through the door, but that didn't matter to you. You thought your heart would explode.

    The room was dead silent as Pitch stared at you. It's a shame to have called him your father.

   Pitch finally spoke quietly, "I had to leave.." he said. You scoffed, but stayed quiet as he continued, "The man I was.. I've always been the Boogeyman.. for as long as I can remember. But then I met your mother.. she surpassingly was able to see me. Then we had you, but over the years I was there, you were miserable,"

    Your expression changed to both anger and confusion. He continued again,

   "Every night, you would have nightmares. It was my fault. You weren't happy.. you had no friends. You had nightmares every night. I knew who I was.. I was, and still am, the Boogeyman. I scare children, I strike fear into their hearts. And it worked on you. And I didn't care. I have no feeling of love." Your heart throbbed and he looked at you, "I longed for a family. I finally had one, and I realized I had no feelings for love. I didn't love you or your mother.. I couldn't love you.."

    You stared at him as he said clearly, with no hesitation,

    "I don't love you."

Tears glinted in your eyes, but you didn't let them fall. No. Not to this man. You glared with hate and sadness as you choked in your words,

"Then why do you bother talking to me?"