Battles

~*~ Your POV
Pitch formed before you and the Guardians, resulting in you stepping back in a fighting position. You had no weapons to fight with, and even if the Guardians lent you theirs, you have no training with them and would you end up killing yourself with them.

  "What's the plan, Y/n?" Jack asked next to you. "You have no weapons so how are you gonna fight? It could be dangerous,"

  "If I can't fight with swords, then I'll fight with my brain!" You answered, confident, but it sunk slowly as you stayed quiet for a moment. Jack stared and almost started laughing before you sighed, "That.. that sounded better in my mind, don't worry."

   He laughed, "so can you elaborate on that?"

  You chuckled, "I'm thinking of a plan. Sometimes it's better to work smarter, not harder," you said quickly.

  An army of nightmares stood before you as you turned your attention back to Pitch. His arms were behind his back and you stared as he chuckled to all of you.

   "Well then," he stated, a smile creeped up on his face, "Let's end this, shall we?"

    "We shall," Bunny grunted. He was the first to start the fight as he threw a boomerang at Pitch, wielding around and spinning. Pitch merely laughed and dodged. The nightmares spread out, fighting everyone as Pitch fought head-on with North, a large black scythe in his hand and two swords in Norths'.

    I rushed Jamie and Sophie to the door of the house, "Never mind Jamie, this is too dangerous get inside!" You ushered.

   "But-!"

  "No but's! Get inside now it's dangerous-" your sentence got cut off when you looked to see Tooth in trouble. You turned back to Jamie, "Just get inside, I have to help!"

   Your eyes widened as you snatched up a baseball bat from the house and ran towards Tooth, who was being pinned down by the devilish creatures.

   You ran, jumping over branches and roots sprouting from the ground. You raised the bar and swung as hard as you could at the Nightmares, knocking off two of them, causing them to dissolve into nothing. Tooth got up, her wings fluttering furiously as she destroyed the other two nightmares with her swords.

  She painted, and even managed to pull a smile through the stressful situation, "Thanks y/n!" She said. You smiled back, but horror struck your face as a blood-coiling scream was heard behind you. You whirled to find Jamie and Sophie trapped in a corner, Sophie trembling as Nightmares surrounded them, creeping more towards them with every step.

    You pushed through, and sprinted, jumping between the Nightmares and the kids, your bat raised as you painted heavily.

   "You will not hurt them," you commanded, and as the Nightmares just huffed, they stepped forward. They kept at you as the kids ran away from them. A nightmare sprang at you, and it's mouth clamped down on your bat as you pushed through with all your strength. Finally you pushed it back and swung, destroying the Nightmare, but more and more swarmed you, and you were knocked down to the ground by another Nightmare. You tried to push it away, but the nightmare was strong.

   The nightmare huffed at you and screeched as it's mouth reached towards your face and you screamed. Suddenly the nightmare dissolved and sunk to the ground, off of you, and froze to the frosted ground around you. You looked up to see Jack, fighting off other nightmares above you as you layer on the ground, dazzled for a moment. You regained yourself and sprung up from the ground and swung at the nightmares, destroying three as Jack destroyed the other ones. 

   You released a tired breath, "Thanks, Jack.." you mumbled.

    He chuckled and winked, "Tired already, snowflake?"

     You laughed, "I'm not used to fighting monsters!"

    "this is only the beginning!" He called as he flew away to help Bunny, who was also struggling.

    You overlooked the situation; Tooth and Sandy were fighting off Nightmares, Sandy in his own little cloud of dream sand, Bunny and Jack were destroying other nightmares, and North was also fighting them. You narrowed your eyes as you saw the Guardians struggling with the Nightmares when your eyes widened.

    Where was Pitch?

    You turned to see Pitch bringing down his scythe at you, but you ducked and rolled to the side quickly, dodging the certain-death it would result in if it hit you.

    Pitch only brought down his scythe again, which you dodged again, and you attempted to hit him, which failed. He only laughed as you struggled greatly against him.

    "You can't win, Y/n!" He yelled. Nightmares surrounded you and Pitch shot sand at you, but you jumped to the side. The sand merely missed you, but cut the side of your cheek, drawing a drop of blood.

   "Fight, Y/n! Think!!" You thought.

   Your eyes widened as you thought of a plan. Pitch laughed and disappeared into the shadows. You looked around but released the thought as you ran to Jamie and Sophie.

   You had a plan.