Chapter 1

Taylor's POV

I'm waiting for my best friend of 14 years to come pick me up for school today. Two and a half months until we get out of this hell hole named Robert C. Byrd High School. Don't get me wrong, I've got it pretty good. I'm on the basketball team and I make straight A's, but I hate people. Finally Kenlyn pulls up to my house and I run out the door screaming,
"BYE MOM."

Me and Kenlyn have been through everything together. We've been friends since preschool and we don't really have any other friends. We have people that we tolerate, but no one is as close to me a Kenlyn and nobody is as close to Kenlyn as me.

I get in the car and the first thing Kenlyn says is,
"Did you do Bubble Butt's homework?"
I instantly die laughing at the mention off the nickname we gave our history teacher and his glorious ass.
"Actually I did do the homework for once, so next time you have to do it," I say handing her the papers.

We pull into the school parking lot and walk through the front doors. As we walk down the hallway people say "hey" and "good morning", which we just acknowledge with a quick smile or head nod. Kenlyn and I share a locker so after we finally get through the crowd of annoyingly friendly people, Kenlyn looks at me and says,
"I really hate everyone."
"What are you talking about? I love how happy everyone is in the morning!" I say sarcastically.

*skip to 2nd block*

I walk into Mr. Bart's 2nd block history class with Kenlyn. Me and Kenlyn talk so much in his class, he had to put us on different ends of the row. Now, let me tell you something about Mr. Bart, he had the most perfect ass anyone has ever seen. Hence the reason Kenlyn and I nicknamed him Bubble Butt. I decided to write a note to Kenlyn saying, " Dat ass dough". I slide the note down the windowsill to Kenlyn, but she doesn't notice that it is there because Kenlyn is weird and actually pays attention in school. Mr. Bart did see the note however.

"What's that Kenlyn?"
"What's what?" Kenlyn says completely oblivious.
She looks over and sees the note beside her and says, "I don't know where that came from."
I see Mr. Bart go to pick up the note and there is no way I am letting him read that. So I quickly run to Kenlyn's desk, grab the note, and run back before he can get to it.
"What does the note say Highland?" Mr. Bart asks me. He knows I hate it when he calls me by my last name.
"Nothing. The note says nothing. It's not even a note. It's just a blank sheet of paper," I quickly say.
"Oh really? Then let me see it," Mr. Bart says, holding out his hand.
I clutch the note tighter, "Nope."
"Highland, give me the note," Mr. Bart says again.
"I don't think so," I say shoving the note into my bra.
"I'm not going there," says Mr. Bart as he turns and walks back to his desk.
The whole classroom starts dying laughing. This is the most exciting 2nd block has been all year.

*skip to Taylor's house*

Kenlyn and I head back to my house after school to get ready for the boys basketball game tonight. It's the championship qualifying game and we're playing our biggest rivals: the Brigeport Indians. We put on our senior shirts that read, " We've been burning teepees since 1996" . We paint our faces blue, green, and white and grab the other three shirts we need for tonight. Our student section theme is "The Sea of Eagles." For every quarter we change into a different color shirt. Blue, white, black, then green. Now that we are completely ready, we wait for our friends Trysten, Ethan, Dalton, and Nathan to pick us up. They finally show up and we are on out way.

Kenlyn's POV

We walk into the incredibly packed gymnasium and go straight to the student's section bleachers. Taylor turns to the student section and starts yelling," LETS GO EAGLES!!!" Taylor, I, and this guy named Cade Turner are in charge of leading the cheers for the students section.
"Alright Cade, are you ready? Let's start off with I Believe," I say. Cade starts to yell and the crowd yells back,

I !

I !

I believe!

I believe!

I believe that!

I believe that!

I believe that we!

I believe that we!

I believe that we will!

I believe that we will win!

I believe that we will win !

The crowd is fired up now and the ref blows the whistle for the game to start.

*skip to halftime*

Taylor turns to Cade and says, " It's time for We Have Jesus."
Cade gets the whole student section to sit down except for one kid with shaggy hair and a beard. He remains standing and the whole student section points to him and yells,

We have Jesus!

We have Jesus!

We have Jesus!

Bridgeport's student section falls quiet and the game starts again. Cade, Taylor, and I start to think about what cheer to do next.

*skip to 5 seconds until the end of the game*

5

4

3

2

1

The buzzer sounds and we win!!! 78-46. The whole students section runs onto the court, screaming and surrounding the basketball team. We all turn to the Bridgeport fan section and scream,

DRIVE HOME SAFELY
*clap**clap**clap*clap**clap*
DRIVE HOME SAFELY
*clap**clap**clap*clap**clap*
DRIVE HOME SAFELY
*clap**clap**clap*clap**clap*
DRIVE HOME SAFELY
*clap**clap**clap*clap**clap*

Taylor, Cade, and I all hug each other.
"Hey! I'm gonna find Trysten and the guys. We're gonna go celebrate with ice cream at Tony's," I say to Taylor.
We pull into the Tony's parking lot.
"Hey Taylor," I say, "order for me. I'm going to the bathroom."

Taylor's POV

I walk up to the window and see none other than the school man whore Lawrence.
"Hey Taylor I haven't seen you in awhile. What are you doing next week cause I thought maybe you and me could catch a movie," Lawrence says.
"Oh I can't I have plans," I lie.
"Well what are you doing tomorrow? Or the day after that? You know, the Lawrence bar is open 24-7."
He is so pathetic.
"Hey bro, have you ever seen the movie She's Just Not Into You? Well you should watch it," some guy a little ways down the counter says.
He looks familiar, like I've seen him somewhere before.
"Hey um, do I know you? You look familiar," I ask.
"Um I'm Ashton Irwin, drummer for 5SOS, international boy band, ringing any bells?" He asks.
"I know you! But I don't like famous people so I can't talk to you anymore," I tease.
"But I like talking to you, so why don't you bring some of your friends to a party me and the boys are having Saturday?" Ashton says, writing the details down on a napkin and handing it to me.
"Taylor only has one friend because they are the two biggest bitches in school," Lawrence snarks.
I turn to him and ask, "Are you saying that because I rejected you or because Kenlyn dumped you?
Just then, Kenlyn walked over to the counter.
"We do not bring that up remember?! It was a two day thing! I don't know how I ever stooped so low," Kenlyn yells while approaching the counter but she stops when she sees Ashton.
"Who is your friend here Taylor?" She asks as she twirls her hair with her finger and bats her eyelashes.
I ask, "Do you remember that band Five Seconds of Summer the popular girls always talk about?"
"Oh yeah. The one we don't listen to," she says.
"Well this is their drummer Ashton," I say.
Kenlyn smiles and says, " I mean... Five Seconds of Summer, the band we love."
Ashton laughs.
"Nice save, babe. Both of you think about that party. I'll see you both there hopefully," Ashton said. Then he left.
Well we just got invited to 5SOS's party.

A/n: Hey Tugboats! We hoped you liked the first chapter of I'll Be There. I'm sorry if it sucked. I tried my best! Kendall typed this whole thing. She started at 12am and finished at 4am so it would make her feel better if you vote, comment, and subscribe to both of us.

~xo kendallfuentes ❤️
xo~ :) Ninawagner9 (: ~xo