Chapter 2

Kenlyn's POV

It's Saturday, the day of the party Ashton invited Taylor and I to. I'm on my way to Taylor's house to get ready because I told her I'd be there at 5'o clock to straighten her hair. I get to her house and walk straight through the door.

"DEBBIE IM HOME!!!" I yell.

"Oh since you're home start on your chores," she says sarcastically.

Debbie is Taylor's mom so she is basically my second mom. I walk up to Taylor's room and dump all my stuff on her bed. Taylor has at least ten outfits laid on the floor.

"I don't know what to wear!" Taylor yells.

"Me either!" I yell back.

I look at everything Taylor has laid out on the floor.

"Here," I say, "I'll pick your outfit, and you pick mine."

"Okay,"she says, dumping the contents of my bags on her bed.

I look at all the clothes on the floor. I go for a black crop top and shorts with purple and pink flowers on them. Then, I go to her closet and grab purple Vans. I pick earrings with flowers to match her shorts and grab a flower crown out of my bag.

"Here wear this," I say, handing her all the clothes.

Of course she has to pick the most girly things I brought. She picks out a blue and cream tea dress with pink flowers on it, my black stilettos, and a big necklace the same colors of the dress. She hands me a silver bracelet with aquamarine hearts on it and a pink bow for my hair.

"Gee Taylor! You couldn't have made my outfit any more girly," I say sarcastically.

She hands me the clothes and says, "Nope! Now put it on!"

After we get dressed, I straighten Taylor's hair and we do our makeup. We say bye to Debbie, get in my car, and head off to the party.

*scene change to party*

Taylor's POV

Kenlyn and I step through the front door and into a room full people dancing to loud music.

"Do you wanna try and find Ashton?" Kenlyn asks.

"Yeah," I say, pushing my way the through the crowd.

We see Ashton leaning against a wall, talking to a guy with green hair.

"Hey Ashton," I say.

"Hey Taylor. Hey Kenlyn. This is Michael, my band mate. Micheal this is Taylor and Kenlyn," Ashton says.

"It's nice to meet you both," Michael says, shaking Kenlyn's hand, and then mine.

"I like your hair," Kenlyn says, smiling at Michael.

"Thanks," he says smiling back at her. "I like your dress."

Ashton puts his arm around my shoulders.

"Why don't we let these two get to know each other, and you and me can go get a drink?" Ashton says pulling me through the crowd.

We walk over to the drink table and Ashton asks what I want.

"Um... just a water," I say.

Ashton goes to grab the drinks.

I turn around and I'm greeted by a pair of blue eyes. Blue eyes, blonde hair, and a lip ring.

"Uh... I mean hi," I choke out.

Just then Ashton comes back.

"Oh Taylor, this is my band mate Luke. Luke, this is Taylor," says Ashton.

"It's nice to meet you Taylor," Luke says.

I go to brush my hand through my hair but I forget that I have my flower crown in and knock it out of my hair. Luke bends down and picks it up. He places it on my head.

"A crown for a princess," he says.

I can feel myself start blushing and I can see Ashton roll his eyes.

"Why thank you kind sir," I say, playing along.

"Anything for a fair maiden such as yourself," Luke says smiling.

A look of annoyance washes over Ashton, but suddenly a girl walks over to him. She has brown hair and green eyes.

"Hey Ashton, do you wanna dance?" she asks a bit nervously.

"Um... yeah, sure," Ashton says.

He looks kinda flustered, like for once in his life he is a little shy. She leads him to the dance floor and Luke and I are left by ourselves.

Kenlyn's POV

Ashton lead Taylor away somewhere and left me and Michael by ourselves.

"Do you wanna dance?" Michael asks me, "I mean, I have two left feet but I promise I'll try not to kill you."

I just laugh and pull him onto the dance floor.

"You're not that bad of a dancer," I say.

Oh Kenlyn, don't try to spare my feelings," he says laughing.

Then, all of a sudden, this extremely attractive tan guy with black hair and brown eyes jumps in between Michael and I.

"He really is God awful. Why don't you dance with a guy who actually knows how to dance," the mystery guys says.

Michael laughs and pushes him away.

"Just come find me when you're ready," the guy says, before dancing away.

"Who was that?" I ask.

"That's Calum. He is in the band with Ashton and I. The only one you haven't met yet is Luke," Michael says.

Just then, Calum comes back and starts shimmying in a circle around Michael and I.

"Alright mate, I'm gonna get a drink. Don't scare the the girl. Good luck Kenlyn," Michael says.

He turns to walk away.

"But Michael!" I whine.

Calum just pulls me close to him.

"So your name is Kenlyn?" he asks.

"Yes. Yes it is," I say, taking a step back.

"A beautiful name for a beautiful girl, he says, while closing the gap between us, "A very beautiful girl."

I know I'm blushing so I look away. He turns my face back towards his.

"That was cheesy," I say.

"But you're blushing," he retorts.

I softly push him backwards and say ," Shut up."

He pulls me close once again.

"Someone's a feisty little thing," he says.

"Thanks. I'll take that as a compliment," I say and he laughs.

"You're funny," he says, "I like that. Do you wanna go talk somewhere?"

"Yeah, I'd like that," I say.

He grabs my hand and intertwines his fingers with mine as he leads me off the dance floor.

A/N: Hey Tugboats! This is chapter 2 of I'll Be There. We hope you liked it! Kendall wrote it all. Again. Who was that mystery girl with Ashton? Where did Taylor and Luke go? Find out in the next chapter! Please comment, vote, and follow us both!

~xo kendallfuentes ❤️

~ :) ninawagner9 (: ~