So Thats Our Goal Now

The ground began to rumble.

CRASH!

The Armored Titan broke through. All we could see from a distance was soldiers being flung along with pieces from the wall. Everyone around us prayed. Cried. Panicked. Suddenly, Eren stomped up to the edge of the boat. We gazed up at him. Armin got up, too, but Eren pushed him away. Tears streamed down his face. 

 "I'm going to put a stop to this! I'll tear them up! Every last one of them!" He gritted his teeth.

 "Eren..." Armin mumbled. I looked over at Mikasa who was just sitting there blankly. 

 "Are you okay, Mikasa?" I asked her calmly.

She just glared at me for a moment, "You're L, right?"

"Yeah." I smiled weakly. She just nodded. I felt bad for her. Seeing your parents get stabbed right in front of you must be... traumatizing. I tried to make a conversation with everyone and lightened the mood... nothing seemed to work. 

 It's been a few days since the incident. Many problems occurred. Eren's dad disappeared. We were short on food. There were just too many to even mentioned.  

It was the morning. I arose from my not so comfy bed, yawning. I stumbled over to where Eric was sleeping. 

"Wake up!" I moved his shoulder. 

He began to groan, "What?"

"I wanna go home. I can't take any of this bullshit." I wanted to cry.

Eric faced me. "We don't even know how we got here, so we're not going anywhere any time soon. Just think that you're now going to meet...Erwin." Mikasa started to open her eyes. Shit! 

'Talk through minds! Mikasa woke up.' 

'Why?'

'Because YOU might say something stupid'

He gave me a death glare.

'Okay... fine. WE might say something stupid.' 

"Hey guys." Mikasa came over to us.

"Hi!" We waved at the same time. It's always fun talking to Mikasa, since she's the only girl she understands my emotions. It was easy for me to make nice, friendly conversations.

  Time past and Eren wasn't waking up, so Mikasa and Eric stayed with him as I went to look for Armin. His grandfather always has food. 

"Hey Armin!" I gleamed. 

"Hi, L!" He smiled back, "My grandfather had some bread. He wanted to give you guys some."

"He's so sweet! Anyway, the others are waiting for Eren to wake up. Come on, let's go!" I dragged him. We were running everywhere trying to look for them. I let go of Armin to sprint faster. Pushing through the crowds of people, I accidentally bumped into something causing me to fall. It was Mikasa! Boy, was that girl strong!

 "L! We feel the same pain! Be careful!" Eric groaned as he rubbed his butt.

"Hey Guys!" Armin finally found us, "Here. Grandpa scrounged a little extra by telling the powers that be he had kids." He passed us the loaves.

"That was nice of him." Mikasa held the bread. There was a Garrison soldier standing behind Armin. He just gave us a nasty face, and turned around. 

"What's up with him?" Eric asked. 

Armin responded, "Just ignore it. There's a shortage. Poor man's probably hungry." He began to whisper, "By the way, I'd make that last. They are already dealing famine before we got here, so it's an ugly situation. That, and this far in there's a greater disparity between the haves and the have knots."