Ten.exe

The elevator kept going up in silence. Mister Stark had called me some minutes ago and said I had to go to the lab ASAP.

Leslie had spent the day packing. I had told her that they had located Strucker so she said that we didn't need to stay in the Stark Tower anymore. I disagreed profusely. We didn't know if they had got him yet, but I didn't want to argue with her today. Especially after having the most civic evening we had had in years.

The elevator stopped and the doors opened. I sat on one of the chairs and waited for Mister Stark to come. I didn't have to wait long before he and Doctor Banner walked into the room.

"What's the rumpus?" Doctor Banner said. I could clearly hear the dread in his voice.

"Well, the scepter," Mister Stark said. He looked up and noticed me, "Ah, you're here too. Good."

"Kira, I thought you would be home," Doctor Banner said.

"Yeah, me too," I said, "But I was summoned."

He smirked. "Well, I'm glad to see you," he told me.

"Thank you, Doctor," I said with a tight smile.

Mister Stark cleared his voice waiting for us to shut up.

"You were saying?" Doctor Banner said.

"What's that?" I interrupted yet again. I pointed towards the latest object in the room, a silver crane-like thing that had a blue orb attached to it.

"A scepter," Mister Stark said, "Were you around when aliens invaded New York?"

I rose my brow. Everybody remembered that; even if they weren't in New York at the time.

"Yeah?"

He continued, smug. "And I saved everyone?"

"Well-" Doctor Banner started.

But Mister Stark rose a hand. "I saved everyone," he repeated, "I'm the one who redirected a missile to their ships through a magical portal, right?"

"Right," Doctor Banner conceded, probably just to shut him up.

"Well, Thor's brother, Loki, was the one behind the attack," he continued explaining, "That's his scepter."

"Why do you have it?" I said moving closer to touch it. I had never seen alien tech up close, so I wanted to examine it.

"Strucker had it. Don't touch it," Mister Stark warned, "It can mess with your mind."

I stopped. Suddenly examining alien tech seemed less appealing.

"Just take a look at the orb," he told me.

Inside, I saw, there was a little gem that glowed faintly.

"You see, we were wondering how Strucker got so inventive?" he said. He grabbed one of his tablets while Doctor Banner shoved his hands into his lab coat pockets, waiting for a point to all this.

"So, I've been analyzing the gem inside," Mister Stark continued as he threw a hologram to the middle of the room, where Doctor Banner was standing, "You may recognize," he trailed off.

An orange 3D image of Jarvis' consciousness appeared surrounding Doctor Banner. He stepped out of it.

"Jarvis," he acknowledged.

"Doctor," Jarvis said.

"Started out, Jarvis was just a natural language UI. Now he runs the Iron Legion. He runs more of the business than anyone besides Pepper."