1️⃣8️⃣

Everyone gasped. George and Kitty's father were looking at each other, both very confused. Kitty simply smiled.

"I don't, because I know Alex doesn't. And it's not his fault. Alex, I know you're in love with someone else. I would hate to take away your chance to be with them. You don't have to try and tell me otherwise," she added, seeing as Alex was about to deny it, "I've seen the way you look. You daydream a lot, and you will get this lovestruck look on your face. I know you were never thinking about me, and I'm perfectly fine with that.

"I would rather you be happy and not married to me than to be married to me and unhappy."

She turned around to face the ring bearer and grabbed the rings. Turning back around, she placed both rings in his hand, closing his fingers around them. She squeezed his hands.

"Go be with your love."

Alex looked down at their hands before looking back up at Kitty in disbelief. She smiled and nodded. He smiled back and quickly squeezed her hands before turning and taking off, sprinting out of the room. Several guests stood up and watched as he flung open the doors and flew away. People started standing up to leave when Kitty stopped them.

"Don't leave just yet. There may still be a wedding."

•••

Alex landed a few minutes later in front of the familiar store. Opening the door, he saw John and Hercules at their tables working. They both looked up upon hearing the door open.

"Alex? What're you doing here? Shouldn't you be at your wedding right now?" John asked.

Hercules watched the two before quietly stepping into another room.

"That's actually what I came to talk to you about." Alex replied, walking over to him.

John set his things down and stood up, meeting him at the middle of the room.

"First off,' Alex started, "I wanted to apologise for last night. I shouldn't have done it knowing that I wouldn't be able to do it again. But at the same time, I'm so glad I did it. The reason I'm here is because Kitty cancelled the wedding. She said she could tell I was in love, and I am. I'm in love with you. I've been in love with you from the day I met you. And all of those days we spent together made me fall in love even more.

"I wear the coat I bought from you all the time. You can see that I didn't today, because it makes me think if you and since I was getting married, I didn't want to be sadder than I already was. I love you so much it hurts. I love the way your eyes crinkle when you laugh, and how your curly hair frames your face, and your freckles. I love everything about you.

"And, I guess what I'm trying to say is that I want to be with you. So," he paused, pulling out one of the rings and getting on one knee, "John Laurens, will you marry me?"

John had listened to his speech with one hand over his mouth, his eyes watering. They both stayed silent, making Alex worry that he had said the wrong thing. John finally let out a laugh, removing his hand from his mouth.

"Yes. Yes, I'll marry you."

Alex grinned and stood up, John pulling into a hug. John eventually pulled back slightly and kissed him, his arms staying wrapped around Alex's waist. Alex smiled into the kiss and moved his hands to cup John's face, pulling him closer slightly. They pulled away after a moment, pressing their foreheads together.

"I love you." John told him, still catching his breath after the kiss.

"I love you too."

T
H
  E

   E
    N
     D