Chapter 6

Events of episode 2 Out of Time

I slowly woke up from my slumber. Taking a few seconds to allow my eyes to adjust to the newly found light that was seeping through the curtains. Once I had adjusted, I swung my feet over the side of my bed and grabbed my phone. I turned my alarm off and looked at the time, 6:33AM. My phone beeped indicating I had received a message. 

Chloe - Hey Cody! Max and I are going to the two whales diner for some breakfast. Wanna come?. Free breakfast?

Cody - Uh sure. What time you guys meeting up? 

Chloe - At around 8. I'll be on campus then so swing by the car park and wait there. I'm picking Max up as well.

Cody - Okay, But is Max okay with me coming?

Chloe - Yeah dude, she's the one who suggested I message you and ask.

Cody - Ah okay. Well catch you then.

Okay, I've still got about an hour before I should meet them at the car park, maybe I should take a shower.

With that in thought I pushed myself of my bed and grabbed my shower supplies, ready to take another shower in this dreaded dormitory. I opened my door, walking through the surprisingly quiet halls, I mean I half expected a fight or someone to go Bigfoot in the dorms like they normally do, but nope, no signs of that happening today, and I headed for the shower room. I opened the white and plain curtain and stepped into the cramped shower, making sure to close the curtain behind me. I undressed myself out of my 'said PJs' and hung them up on a hanger provided, alongside the towel I brought with me. I then entered the shower and turned the nob to turn the water on. The water was warm but it better be in this weather, I mean the freak of snow and all. I wonder if Max is gonna show us more about her powers. 

After I finished my shower, I grabbed my 'Said PJ's' and folded them while wrapping my towel around my waist. I grabbed my shower supplies and my folded clothes and exited the shower area and left the curtain open so that other students can see the shower is available. I look up at the somehow still ticking clock and read the time 7:34. What!? Where on earth did time go? There was no way I was in the shower for nearly an hour. Was I really that caught up in my thoughts on Max's superpower?. I practically ran back to my room, throwing the shower supplies onto the cabinet where they came from and sorting a simple outfit out for me to wear. I decided to go with my simple black leather jacket, with a white t-shirt underneath, and tan chinos alongside my green converse. I had put my chinos on alongside my socks and shoes and was about to put on my white shirt when my phone beeped. I picked it up and saw I had another text from Chloe. 

Chloe - dude, I know I said around 8 but it's 10 to. Max and I were in my truck waiting but we got bored. We're in the boys dorms, which one's your room?

Cody - What!? You can't just come in like that Chloe.

Chloe - We can, We just did.

Cody - Fine. Room 205. Just let me finish getting changed. I've just come out of the shower.

Chloe - Okay. We're outside your dorm room. All clear to come in?

Cody - Hold up. I can't finish changing if you're constantly texting me.

Chloe - well you can if I can get to your room, and not end up hitting someone while texting. It's a real challenge to walk the boys dorm halls without bumping into any sweaty apes ya know?.

Cody - Okay fine. 

I rushed back to my white t-shirt putting it over my head and sliding it down. As I was sliding it down, Chloe and Max barged in, staring wide eyed at me as I was putting on the item of clothing. 

"Wow you weren't kidding.." Chloe trailed off.. "Uh no Chloe I wasn't..but uh okay, that happened.." I said getting kinda flustered that two girls saw more than they should've. "Nice hair dude" Max tried to change the subject. Oh.. I looked in the mirror realising I still had bed hair, which was now damp as a result from the shower, In other words, it looked like a total disaster. I ran my fingers through my hair, before sighing and giving up on making it look any better. I picked up my leather jacket before putting it on, Max and Chloe watching as I did so, before realising that they were staring and turning away. I didn't really care as it wasn't as awkward as the situation before. I grabbed my phone before putting it in my jacket pocket, and also grabbed some money. I'm pretty sure 7 dollars will get me far. "If you're ready, then let's go" I said while taking a hold of my room's doorknob. "About time" Chloe joked before walking out my room with Max tailing. As soon as Max exited my room I shut the door behind me and followed Chloe and Max to Chloe's parked truck. We all got in, put our seat belts on and Chloe sped off, at a reasonable speed limit, to our next destination; Breakfast at the Two Whales Diner.

I Know that most of this chapter has nothing to do with the game's plot as in Chloe never picks Max up at Blackwell and instead Max takes a bus and meets Chloe at the Two Whales Diner, But I wanted to change the story up a bit trying to add my OC in, While making up my own little scenes to make it more appropriate, and more fitting. Hope you understand the subtle changes I have made/ will make to the story line in the future, And Thanks for reading.

Btw when Chloe texts Cody saying it's '10 to' If you don't know what it means, it's a term for saying 10 Minutes to said time. So it was 10 minutes to 8AM, in this stories case. Hope that sums up something I thought some wouldn't understand. Have a good day/night. :P