Chapter 9

It's finally out AHHHH!!

--------------------------------~-~--

Cody's POV

I was waiting in the car for Chloe and Max, uncomfortably adjusting my seat-belt looking out the window to see what was happening in Arcadia bay. The view was nice, leading to the beach and the never ending crystal blue ocean. Suddenly the rusty car door opened and in popped Chloe on the drivers side, and Max climbing over me to get into the seat, closest to Chloe. I snapped out of my thoughts, looking over at them. "So...what happened?" I asked no one in particular. I earned a scoff from Chloe; "Max chatting up a chick she sees everyday at Blackwell, and wasting valuable time that could be spent hanging out with us." Chloe replied, on the verge of an outburst. "Well, I'm hanging out with you now. I didn't want to be rude and leave Kate hanging. She's in a...rough position at the moment.." Max replied, with me nodding in agreement. Chloe looked like she wanted to say something, but dropped the subject and began driving towards the Junkyard.

I must have fell asleep while we were driving to the Junkyard as I was awoken to a violent shake on my arm by none other than Chloe. "This isn't the time to sleep dude!" "Okay, okay. I'm up..". We got out of the car and made our way into the seemingly creepy and empty Junkyard. The sun creating light hues of orange against the broken glass scattered around the area, shining brightly against the cars. But more importantly creating a scene as to where Chloe looks angelic. Her blue orbs absorbing the light and making them shine in the heavy atmosphere. I shook my head of these thoughts as Max spoke "How many times are you going to get pissed at me this week?" she asked Chloe. "That depends on you. And how well you do in this phase of the test.." Chloe replied with, walking to a spot in the Junkyard with Max and I following. 

Chloe threw her arms up and spun around "Welcome to American Rust, my home away from Hell." she formally introduced. "Raw and rough. It suits you..." Max claimed. Looking around the place, trying to find out why the mysterious Chloe could like to hang at a place like this. Chloe spun around to face us "Do you know how awesome this is? I get my best friend back and a new friend to tag along! Not to mention your powers.". She exclaimed suddenly getting a burst of excitable energy. "We don't know for how long.." Max replied, as she herself was unsure of the power she beheld, and what its true intention was. I stood quietly, looking around the Junkyard, as Max and Chloe spoke. "That's exactly why it's time to have fun." Chloe said, just trying to find more about Max's power. They walked away, Me following close behind, to a area with a few barrels and a rusted old broken car, its hood slightly open, missing a wheel, and all in all looking awful and no where near safe, but Chloe insisted this was the place to have said fun.

"David might be a douche, but you did steal his gun.." Max continued on from there conversation."Is everyone armed in Arcadia bay now?" Max asked, when she got no reply the first time she said anything after the uncomfortable awkward silence moments beforehand. "only the ones who shouldn't be like step-dildo. Well...until now anyway.." Chloe replied. Not wanting the awkward tension between the three of us to return."I'm not in the revolution yet, Che." max said, sounding unsure of her abilities to which Chloe replied with; "You are the revolution, Max." Trying to put on a smile to reassure her best friend. "We should figure out how to best use and abuse your power with a test." Chloe said, again getting the excited energy. "Drink?" Chloe asked max and I. I shook my head, but Max replied with a disgusted look and a 'Yuck.' to go along with it. Chloe just light heartedly chuckled "Too innocent. You haven't changed a bit." She said after her laughing died down.

There was a pause before she continued. Taking regular sips from her beer in her hand. "Okay let's do this. Can you find five bottles while I prep the shooting range?" Chloe asked. "Beer and guns. Nice combo." Max affirmed, some what feeling the need to take the drink away from Chloe so no one gets seriously hurt when 'playing' with guns. "You can handle it. Now go find us five bottles. Pretty please?" Chloe asked Max again, putting on her best grin alongside her best puppy dog eyes. "While you do that. I'll be uhh..Over here. Chillin'.." I said, perking the attention of the two girls, before heading of to go relax on a car hood, but not before hearing Chloe yell; "Whatever you say lazy bones." In the distance.