10 | OF SHAME AND SADNESS

TEN

TEN

of shame and sadness

•·················•·················•

THE COVE WAS home to only one hospital on the whole island. Granted, the island wasn't huge, and there was no one who resided here permanently. The hospital was solely for immediate emergencies, for everyone who vacationed here was wealthy enough to fly home to their local hospitals for any other incidents.

I hated hospitals. Stepping foot into one gave me a sour feeling in the pit of my stomach, tugging at my insides.

I wasn't a particularly anxious person whatsoever, but being in a hospital held a lit match to my nerves. I felt it all. Every fiber of my being was on edge, and I didn't like the feeling one bit.

"Sienna?"

"Huh?" I was abruptly pulled from my daydream, and my head snapped towards the voice.

I hadn't realized I'd been standing staring at the front of the hospital, my feet planted while everyone was walking forward.

Isaiah was looking at me with that crease between his brows that I hated. His arm was outstretched, beckoning me to take it.

"You zoned out there for a little, baby," Isaiah said, his tone thick with worry.

I ignored the outstretched hand and walked forwards on my own. I didn't need his comfort, and didn't particularly want it.

He looked slightly wounded at the rejection, but quickly recovered and allowed his hand to drop at his side.

"Don't worry, alright? Not until we see how he is."

I had caught up to Isaiah and Tristan by now, my long legs keeping a quick pace to the main entrance.

Paradise Cove Island Resorts Emergency Services.

"I know," I said curtly, stepping foot into the lobby.

Immediately every hair on my body stood on end, and I resisted the urge to turn and bolt.

The sheer architecture of the hospital was admittedly quite beautiful and modern, the squeaky clean floors doing their best to divert your attention from the reality of your location. It was oddly vacant, however, which gave me and eerie feeling.

I swallowed the lump in my throat, and pressed down the intense thumping in my chest.

Relax, Sienna.

Sharply inhaling, I allowed the sterile odor to inflate my lungs. I released it slowly, snapping my eyes open and straightening.

"You good Si? I know hospitals have never been the best place for you," Tristan asked me with concern, when he noticed me trying to put a lid on my battling emotions.