13 | DADDY ISSUES

THIRTEEN

THIRTEEN

daddy issues

•·················•·················•

HALF THE FUN of the night was getting ready, and I had always been a firm believer in that.

Except, of course, where Rosie Peppler was involved.

Her presence radiated a negative aura, and every accessory I tried on was horrifyingly hideous in her opinion.

The whole process became overwhelmingly tedious, and I was a hair away from punching her in the face of kicking her out of my house.

On my fifth necklace of the night, I settled for a simple twenty-four karat gold chain with a small diamond sitting in the center. It's simplicity complemented the different dimensions of my sparkling dress.

At least, that's what I thought. 

Of course, Rosie thought differently.

Rosie let out a disapproving snort. "Really, Jackson? You'd leave the house with that small ass diamond? God, you'd think-"

"Rosie," I cut her off in a warning tone, gritting my teeth, "I swear to God if give your worthless opinion one more time, I will personally kick your ass outside."

I threw her a faux smile, cocking my head to the side as if to say got it?.

She was on my last nerve, and I wasn't responsible for the irreversible damage to her pretty face once I snapped.

"Whatever," she mumbled, rolling her eyes towards the ceiling.

I silently hoped they'd get stuck there.

"It's perfect, Sienna," Giselle said warmly, referring to the necklace.

She pulled me towards the fluffy chair in front of my vanity, guiding me to sit down and taking the bun a top my head in her hands.

She tugged at the elastic, and my hair fell down in slightly tangled curls. I hadn't brushed it after the pool earlier, and its current state was less than optimal.

I could've sworn I heard a muffled sound that mirrored a disgusted laugh, but I let it slide for the sake of Giselle not having to witness me beat Rosie's ass.

"Let's do something with. . . this." Giselle held up a tangled strand and shuddered, proceeding to detangle my hair.

She straightened it with an expert hand, and the end result was something I really liked. I didn't straighten my hair often, mostly because I liked my hair pattern.

My mom always insisted I do something with 'that horrendous mop on my head' when we went out to high profile events, but other than that I left it natural.