02 | WINE AND DINE

NOTE: this is not a new story part, it was split from the original ch 1 because it was way too long at 7k words oops

TWO

wine and dine

•·················•·················•

EVERYONE WAS ALREADY seated at the table when I arrived, except for one.

I strutted into the Waterfront, taking in the familiar view of the crystal water catching sunlight all around us. I felt curious eyes on me, and I let that fuel my demeanor as I made my way towards the table.

The parents had their own table a few spots down, and they were all bestowing praises on my mother when I passed by.

"Sienna, how nice of you to join us," Rosie spoke first with a smirk. "Tristan."

Her eyes traveled down the length of my outfit, and I noticed the pleased gleam turn to slight annoyance as they caught sight of the different elements I had added and taken out that she didn't suggest.

Control freak.

Rosie's hair was pin straight, and she wore a colorful striped jumpsuit that I recognized from her father's summer collection.

I didn't say anything in return. Instead, I pulled out my chair and sat down, blowing out a gust of air.

I was finally here at the Cove, in the midst of my wonderful summer friends. Away from Richmond Prep, away from my worries, away from it all. The only thing I would be fretting about these two months was making sure my liver didn't fail me.

"S, you look beautiful!" Giselle exclaimed, reaching across the table to squeeze my hand.

I squeezed back and thanked her, crossing my legs so as not to expose my black lace underwear.

"You don't look so bad yourself," I returned her compliment with a wink.

Giselle's caramel colored eyes sparkled in the light of the setting sun. She wore an orange romper, paired with a gold necklace that boasted letter 'G' on its pendant.

Her and Tristan locked eyes, speaking something I didn't understand.

I turned my head away, facing Isaiah who sat next to me.

"Sienna," he said almost in a whisper, and I felt his hand brush mine under the table.

I tensed upon contact, retracting my fingers from his touch.

"Hey," I said simply, drinking in his clean cropped hair and sprinkle of freckles splayed across his toffee skin.

His full lips held a small smile, and I wanted nothing more then to press my own to his.