21 | TICKING TIME BOMB

TWENTY-ONE

TWENTY-ONE

ticking time bomb

•·················•·················•

THE EVENTS FROM the sleepover with Rosie played on a loop in my head. I had kissed girls before, but they had always been platonic kisses, and it was usually because we were inebriated and giggling like idiots.

This kiss, however, was different. Even though we were drunk, Rosie kissed me like she had something to say, something that couldn't be said with words.

I knew I wasn't attracted to her, though. She was beautiful, a known fact, but I had never seen girls that way.

I shook my head to rid myself of the intrusive thoughts and stepped out of my father's car. I left Rosie's house before she woke up, to avoid the inevitable awkward conversation.

Although, looking back, maybe she didn't even remember. We were pretty drunk, after all.

Despite it all, it was a pleasant feeling to see Rosie letting her feelings go, even for a brief period of time. It was almost cathartic, as if I had been the one baring my soul and shedding tears.

But that was three nights ago.

Unsurprisingly, Rosie had avoided all contact with me since then. I knew exactly why, too. She felt abysmal shame from her actions, and I wasn't sure if it was because of me, or the fact that the kiss was given to someone of the same gender.

I secretly hoped it wasn't the latter, because that would be highly hypocritical, her family situation considered.

It was just too bad that Zeke's mother had decided to host a celebratory dinner tonight, in regards to Zeke's return from rehab.

Declining the invitation would be incredibly rude, and contrary to popular belief, Rosie Peppler was all about manners.

At least, when it came to keeping up appearances.

I had the feeling it was going to be amusing watching her try to avoid me.

I had the choice of inviting Dean, but that would inevitably bring hordes of paparazzi. They were like an STD: difficult to get rid of, unsightly, and popping up at the most random of times.

Also, there was the fact that we hadn't really done much since then, since getting around the paparazzi was tough. I wasn't keen on having to go incognito every time he wanted to have sex, and I'm sure he wouldn't be thrilled having dinner with uninvited guests.

I had been in a great mood all morning, which could be attributed to the fact that I woke up in the early afternoon to an empty house and no one to get on my nerves.