17 | HOTTER THAN HELL

SEVENTEEN

SEVENTEEN

hotter than hell

•·················•·················•

"SO SIENNA, WHY don't you tell us about your new found fame?" Rosie asked, feigning innocent curiosity. It was really just masked jealousy, as I'm sure she wished it was her own picture all over the internet rather than mine.

It had been unanimously decided early on in our summer vacations that my house would be the usual hang out spot, barring all complications.

Why, was beyond me.

My father was all too nosy and hideously oblivious, and my mother asked such cold questions that you'd think you were speaking with an interviewer rather than your friend's mom. Our house wasn't even the biggest, either, but tradition was tradition.

Currently speaking, all five of us were seated in my basement, the air conditioned space a safe haven from the unapologetic heat outside.

I snorted. "I'd hardly call it fame. In fact, one news outlet said I was a 'possible gold digger looking to snatch Dean Callahan's future fortune'."

Rosie, Giselle and I had spent the rest of last night's sleepover laughing at the ridiculous assumptions and guesses on who Dean's mystery woman was. A lot of them were not very nice at all. I mean-Dean's New Greasy Side Piece? Really?

"Are you a gold digger looking to snatch Dean's fortune?" she shot back, a smirk laying across her pretty features.

I threw her a nasty glance, reaching into a glass bowl for a handful of popcorn. "Ha, funny. If you have any tips on how to snag a man with money, do share. I know you'll have to resort to those methods when your trust fund runs dry."

Rosie smiled. If this was a few weeks ago, she would've thrown a nasty remark right back at me. I never thought I'd say this, but I kind of missed arguing back and forth with her. It blew off steam and I didn't mind the satisfaction of winning every time.

"What are you guys even talking about?" Tristan asked from his position on the couch, were him and Giselle were seated quite closely to one another.

He was flicking through channels on the large flat screen TV, the fingers on his free hand dangerously close to Giselle's.

It was amusing, really. I wondered when they would be upfront about their feelings for each other.

"Your sister's a star. Here, look," Rosie said, chucking her phone with one of the nicer articles open into his open hands.

I rolled my eyes.

Tristan looked up with raised eyebrows. "Should I be concerned? Who is this guy, anyway? Why the fuck are his lips touching yours?"