CHAPTER 6

"This smell is so extraordinary," Zefrael suddenly said while pinching his nose, "Would you please put that away from me?" He took a few steps farther and glanced at the potion with disgust.

For once, Alexia agreed with him.

If it wasn't a request that decides her next course of actions, she definitely threw away the potion she had been holding, because it smelled like shit.

She couldn't believe there is someone in their right mind would ever want to drink this disgusting thing. She wasn't obviously, definitely, and surely.

Nevertheless, it was not her position to judge people weird tastes.

The potion actually looked pretty normal—regardless the stinky smell. With the color of honey, but thinner, almost transparent, the liquid type potion was stored inside a small sized flask. At the top of the protruding cork, there is an insignia of a dragon.

It was quite a distinctive potion. Alexia hadn't had any hard time finding it among the item shop rubble. Instead, she rather considered it as an easy task. The stinky potion was the only mixture left within the rubble. The flask had miraculously survived the falling house, even if the house had completely collapsed on it.

Yes, finding the potion itself was a piece of cake, but the circumstance before was not. The girl didn't want to admit it, but the demon lord had been quite a help for her back in the town.

When she was back, the townspeople welcomed her with joy—Merion included. They thought she had finished the dragon for good, and started throwing torrents to her. Sentences like, 'congratulations' or 'thank you' was the most frequent, but there was actually someone who had asked about how her fight against the dragon went. Honestly, they only caused her anxiety to build up. She was unable to explain the truth, where she only needed to fetch something from the item shop.

That's where Zefrael came in.

He casually brushed all of the townspeople's inquiry, and concisely told them that the quest was not yet done. To proceed, they needed something from the marketplace rubble. Right after, the boisterous crowd instantly dispersed, losing interest about the request which hadn't been completed, and she was free to go to find the potion.

With the potion finally in her possession, Alexia immediately hiked back to the cliff with the cavern with Zefrael at her side. They had been walking without a hitch, but suddenly the shitlord started protesting about the smell of the potion.

It really crossed the girl.

"That's weird, coming from you," replied Alexia with a sarcastic tone. She disgustingly held the flask with the tip of her fingers, as far away as she could from her nose. "You come under the category of filthy too, I believe."

As the trees rustled by the calm winds, she was supposed to smell the fresh forest air, but instead, the stinky smell was dominating all of her sense of smell. It seriously increased up her annoyance towards the situation—and towards the asshole shitlord who done nothing but protesting to her face.

"Oh, come on, it's just a few crumbs!" Zefrael protested with a pout, "And I cleaned them already. I'm not that filthy..."

"Yeah?" Alexia promptly threw a sarcastic smile towards the demon lord's face, "I still saw some sticking in your hair."

As if he was surprised by her words, Zefrael hurriedly brushed his white blonde hair. Potato chip crumbs instantly fell from his hair, and dirtying the forested pathway below his feet.

Alexia couldn't begin to imagine how he didn't realize the crumbs which stuck on him since he ate additional two potato chips bags back in town. Honestly, she was irked with his ignorance back there. She was busy foraging the marketplace rubble to find the potion, but he was only watching while munching his damn potato chips deliciously. No help, nothing.