CHAPTER 17

The morning light shone into the darkness. The bright light gradually separated the blackness and created a luminous gap in the obscure world.

Alexia slowly opened her eyes in the light. Morning had already come to greet her. She wasn't really sure when exactly she had fallen asleep, but she did sleep, and it was a quite comfortable sleep.

She was leaning her head on something at her side, and it got a very pleasant touch and temperature to her cheek. A very familiar scent had been staying near her nostril, and mildly tranquilized her mind and body.

It took Alexia a minute or two to finally awake. The first sight which entered her vision was a dark-lined blurry drawing. She wasn't sure what kind of drawing that was, until the familiar scent she had been sniffing finally told her about its name.

It was lavender.

Alexia instantly gasped in silence. Blurry dark lines started clearing in her eyes. It was the demon lord's carved mark on his neck. Panic instantly ran over her mind and left her body to be flustered in the unbelievable situation.

She had sat side by side with her enemy and had been sleeping by leaning her head to his shoulder. And in turn, he was partly leaning his head over hers, sleeping with both eyes closed, and breathing peacefully through his nose.

Her heart instantly thumped too fast for the girl to catch up. His good looking face was right in front of her eyes that she couldn't help to look into it. She found out that he had pretty long eyelashes, also quite kissable lips, and they were right by her eyes. All of the sudden, she wanted very much to hold out her hand for a touch, disregarding every logic within her head.

Zefrael was sleeping so soundly that he didn't seem to realize that she was awake. If she pulled herself away, he would probably wake up from his seemingly comfortable sleep, but she just couldn't hold still anymore.

Alexia was really on the verge of losing herself. Her blood pressure dropped down and left her head to spin, even after she had rested enough. Seriously, if she kept this up, she would probably faint again.

As she couldn't let that kind of worst case scenario happen to her, the girl immediately moved to pull her body away. Then, something black suddenly fell over to her lap.

Alexia hadn't yet to take a good look at that 'something' when the demon lord let out a quiet groan. Both of his eyes were still closed, but it was very clear that he was waking up from his sleep.

The girl instantly yelped. Her heart felt like it had stopped beating for a second. Flustered beyond words—at the obvious embarrassing situation, and at the shameless thought she had a moment ago, and also at the fact that he would soon find her face redder than ripe tomato—she fell into a state of panic.

As his eyelids moved to open, the demon lord let out another muffled groan. She seriously had no time to waste anymore. Thinking nothing but to run away immediately, Alexia promptly yanked her body off him.

But, then, her hand stupidly stuck in something, deterring her escape.

Alexia anxiously glanced to her side, only to find the almost waking up demon lord's hand had been grasping on her hand. His fingers were closely entwining with hers and leaving a pleasant touch of warmth onto her skin.

Suddenly, she felt so dizzy. Her body temperature was rising above the average number and ultimately melted her brain dead. Thinking was really the hardest thing in the world.

Involuntarily, she realized that it wasn't just his hand which had been stuck too close to her. In fact, his shoulder had been there below her shoulder, and partly propping her sleeping position. In short, she was glued too close to him.