CHAPTER 9

"This obviously isn't a village."

As he stopped in the middle of a crowded intersection, Zefrael complained with a pout. Some passing people glanced towards his way in confusion, some threw him a disapproving gaze, but most of them didn't even care even a bit and just sheered away passed him.

Having no other choice, Alexia followed him to a stop. There was no other way to say it, she was irritated. "It's not," she snapped, "Are you by any chance blind or something?"

Naturally, she didn't want to be blamed for her sarcasm. Really, how could she wasn't cranky if the shitlord complained at the obvious blatant fact?

There was no way she could call her surrounding a 'village', not with the vast amount of people and the big building which was standing around them.

The place was no village. It was a city, and a big one at that.

Two or three stories tall brick buildings neatly lined up on the sides of the spacious main road. The road itself extended through the whole city with an organized three-color combination concrete pavement. Boxes of plants, bushes, and even flowers are orderly placed in the center of the road, in between ball-shaped lamp post.

The main road opened in a cross intersection where the number of people passing was never exhausted. Some walked in a hurry crossing the intersection to the destination they had in mind, and some walked more leisurely around the lush and spacious garden, right in the middle of the intersection.

No one in their right mind would want to stop in the middle of the endless people stream, but the shitty demon lord clearly didn't have a right mind.

"No, but—" Zefrael shrugged his shoulder in puzzled manner, "Well, I thought our destination IS a village." He glanced accusingly at the dragon boy who also moved to stop, "Enna said so."

"Yeah, I did," Ennario replied with sullen face. He didn't seem to like the nickname Zefrael gave him, but at the same time he looked resigned as if the demon lord would never correct them. With a sour face, he puckered his mouth, "But I did say that the village is in the eastern part of the continent."

Zefrael looked surprised. "You did?"

"He did."

Alexia instantly replied with spite. Beside the probability of blindness, it seems the shitlord also had a probability of deafness. She got a weary look from the demon lord, but she immediately ignored him. She definitely had more pressing matters which needed her immediate attention.

"More importantly, when will your stupid brain is going to realize that we're being a disturbance to people passing through?" she pointed with annoyance.

There was nothing more problematic than being idle in the endless wave of passing people. The girl felt so many eyes on her, uncountable by number already, and it felt very awkward like she was in a wrong time and place. The tension she felt in the middle of the crowd stiffened her body in anxiety, and she didn't like it. Really, really didn't like it.

"Let's just talk while walking," Alexia finally ended her sentence with an unshaken determination and took the first step forwards.

A second later, the dragon boy followed. While taking a pleased glance towards the demon lord, he added, "What she said."

Ennario patted Zefrael's shoulder twice, as if to comfort him, before he resumed his nonchalant walk.

Honestly, that gesture looked weird in Alexia's eyes, because Ennario's built was smaller than Zefrael. She felt a little itchy watching someone shorter like him patted the demon lord who was obviously taller, but of course, she chose to stay quiet. After all, who was older between them was still debatable.