Chapter 18

The sun flitted through the drawn curtains in Katsuki's room, making neat streams of light fall into the bed. Two figures lay, peacefully snuggled up to eachother, asleep. The taller of the two had his arm wrapped around the smaller, holding him close to his bare chest. Both had small smiles on their lips as they slept.
The morning sunlight finally moved over enough that it was in Katsuki's eyes, waking him up. He groaned inwardly, feeling a human-hot-water-bottle and pulling it slightly closer. That was Izuku, who hadn't woken up yet. Katsuki's eyes fluttered open, blinking away tiredness as he focused on what he was hugging like his life depended on it. Yet again, that was Izuku. He felt his face heat up in a blush, but he didn't let go, instead he tentatively placed his hand on Izuku's soft hair. Very soft hair. He smiled absently as he moved his hand through the other's hair, staring down at his adorable face.
Katsuki hadn't realised when he'd developed a crush on the smaller boy, he just knew he was falling quite quickly. He had no idea how the other boy felt, so he intended to keep his own emotions hidden. But when Izuku was like this? It was nearly fucking impossible to not fall head-over-heels. The cute cluster of freckles on either cheek, the way his eyes sparkled when he saw something he loved, the way his face lit up around people he enjoyed company with. The mumbling that Katsuki had been annoyed with at first, everything. He couldn't help it.
While he'd been softly moving his fingers through Izuku's hair, he hadn't realised the boy had wrapped his legs around him, the heat from Katsuki's body obviously drawing him closer. Not too much longer, Izuku woke up, his face resting against Katsuki's warm chest. As soon as he realised who he was tangled up in, his face turned as red as a tomato and he squeaked.
"K-Kacchan! I'm sorry!"
"Don't apologise, nerd. You're warm."
Izuku had tried to pull away, but Katsuki still had his arm around him.
"Please get off me."
"Make me." There was a smirk in Katsuki's challenging tone, purposefully bringing Izuku closer.
"Kacchan!" He whined, trying to wriggle away. That was when warm hands started tickling Izuku's sides and he burst out laughing. "S-Stop! Ah, that's ticklish!" He giggled. Katsuki paused, a grin plastered on his face.
"Oh-ho? You're ticklish, hmm~?" He teased, continuing to mercilessly tickle the smaller boy. Somehow, they shifted around in fits of giggles so that Katsuki was towering over the other, still tickling him.
"Noo! S-Stop!" Izuku's small giggles filled the room, Katsuki laughing at how adorable he looked. It was only when Katsuki stopped did he realise their position. Oh gosh. He blushed, staring down at the green-haired boy, who's face was already tomato-red.
They just... stared into eachother's eyes, equally memorised by the startling emerald green and firey crimson red. Both felt themselves growing hot under the other's stare, but didn't complain. It was as if everything else had disappeared, the only two people left in the world were-
"Boys! Breakfast is ready!" Mitsuki came bursting into the room, her sudden appearance making Katsuki jump and fall both off of Izuku and the bed. "Boys? Katsuki?" She hadn't realised the awkward position they'd been in, all she could see was her son laying on the floor and Izuku sitting up curiously to see where he'd fallen. Both their faces were bright red, which shed taken to noticing. "Alright... be downstairs soon and for the love of God, Katsuki, put some trousers on. I'm sure Inko won't want to see you in your boxers." And with a shake of her hair, she was out the door again.
Katsuki and Izuku were left in silence for a heartbeat, before Izuku looked over the side of the bed. "Kacchan? Are you ok?" He stifled a giggle as he saw that Katsuki hadn't even been bothered to shift a little bit, still laying on his chest with his face pressed against the floor.
"I'm good." Came his muffled reply. Izuku laughed softly and shuffled out of the bed, going over to his neat pile of clothes to see what he could get changed into. He heard Katsuki standing up and glanced over his shoulder to see him staring down at his phone with his signature scowl. Izuku could guess that was just his resting face.
"Hey nerd, my mother doesn't actually care if we're late, y'know. So you don't need to hurry so much." Katsuki rolled his eyes, a small smile tugging at his lips as he threw his phone on the bed. Izuku hadn't realised he'd been fiddling with his clothes at such a quick pace until he blonde had pointed it out, as he'd been too preoccupied staring at him. Katsuki's strong arms, noticeable abs and strong build had been enough to put Izuku in a trance.
"R-Right! Sorry Kacchan."
"Whatever." He obviously couldn't suppress the smile now, as Izuku saw it too and smiled back. Damn. Izuku finished collecting clothes and ran into the bathroom to get dressed, returning a moment later to find Katsuki in some clean trousers. He was rooting through some clothes, a ticked-off expression on his face.
"Kacchan? What's up?" He asked, walking over to him.
"Eh? Oh, I can't find a shirt to wear."
"That's fine. You don't need one." Izuku hadn't realised what he'd said until it was out there. He instantly clasped his hands over his mouth after, his face burning red again. It was obvious Katsuki was processing what he'd said, but when he had he blushed along with him.
"If you say so, Deku." He chuckled, stretching his arms above his head, "If you wanted to see me shirtless so badly, you could've just asked." He lightly flicked his head, grinning.
"Th-That's not what I meant-!"
"Breakfast is waiting, c'mon!" Katsuki grabbed his hand, suddenly in a hurry to eat as he pulled the smaller boy downstairs. He pulled away once they were at the bottom of the stairs, running ahead and making Izuku squeak in mild protest.
The lights were out, which Izuku found odd. He moved his hand along the wall to try and find the switch, calling for Katsuki to try and find him. He flicked the switch down and light filled up the room, followed by a loud,
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

"Remember me,"