13

It was the big day. The day of the social media awards. We are in the limousine and everyone is celebrating. The publicist is in the car as well as security. Topaz made sure that we always had Big John, the security everywhere we went now.

"I know you guys must be excited," I state.

"We all should be excited. You've helped us along," Topaz explains and adds with a smile, "I'm thinking after today we put you in all of our videos full time."

"Seriously?" I ask.

I'm shocked. I would officially be the 4th Monroe brother. the thought of this makes me smile especially when the other two brothers immediately start agreeing to this.

"You're one of us," Onyx states, "You deserve the award just as much as we do."

Copper smiles, "After today everything changes."

I raise my glass to that, "I'll toast to that."

We have champagne. Of course, we're all too young to start drinking but the publicist was damn sure not going to say anything. Neither was our driver or the security. For a moment in that car, it seemed like I finally found someplace that I belonged. For the first time in my life, I found people wanted me somewhere. For the first time in my life, I belonged somewhere. I watch as Topaz puts one hand on my shoulder pulling me close while holding the other hand out.

"To the Monroe brothers..." Topaz states.

We clash. Music starts playing on the loudspeakers. Onyx opens up his tuxedo shirt and lets his muscular chest fly free as he attempts to stand and dance to the music. We're all smiling. We're all enjoying the moment.

I look out of the window. I can see the venue from here. It's right across a beautiful bridge that goes down to the Ballona Creek. The Ballona Creek was more like a waterway in southwestern LA county that drains the LA basin. Today the water shimmers over the beautiful bridge and I feel so high. I am so high above all of that. I'm high above all of everything. And everything feels so right.

"You look nice tonight," a voice states.

I turn and notice the person who is talking to me is Topaz. He puts his hand on my leg. He probably doesn't realize how it looks because he isn't paying attention. I can tell he's been drinking a little too much. He seems a little tipsy.

I whisper over a "Thanks..."

I notice what Topaz doesn't notice. On the other side of the car is Copper. Copper notices what Topaz is doing. He notices Topaz's leg up against my thigh. His eyes are squinting directly at us. I've never felt so awkward in my life. That's when Topaz is bold enough to move his hand up my thigh. It goes higher and higher. It goes all the way to my crotch before he stops. He leans in slowly until his lips are almost touching my ear.

The whole time I'm looking at Copper. Copper is looking back at me. I wonder what's going through his head the whole time Topaz is basically feeling me up to the sounds of Post Malone on the radio.

"Afterward," he whispers to me, "We should celebrate. You know. Just you and me. You know. Naked, wet...celebration..."

As though completely forgetting we were in a car full of people he sticks his tongue in my ear. The wet tongue slobbers spit deep into my ear, swabbing me. He's almost ready to bite down on my earlobe before I push him off.

"OH LOOK!" I shout, "We're here."

Luckily no one besides Copper sees what Topaz is just doing. Topaz is getting bold. He's getting real bold. I should be happy. This is what I wanted. Right?