Part 6: Closer

Corbyn briefly explains what happened: "So *you don't hear the name* and I were having a really unhealthy relationship so I finally was able to break myself off from her, thanks to Y/N."

The boys are surprised but happy for Corbyn and you spend the entire afternoon getting to know each other and hanging out at different spots.

You learn that they've been a band for only almost two years. Corbyn has a killer falsetto, Jonah hits the bass notes, Jack and Zach both have amazing vocals, and Daniel was on American Idol and plays so many instruments. Plus, you hear a lot of them mutter that they're single.

"Y/N, so you met Corbyn at the airport? What were you doing there?" Jack asks curiously. 

"I was going to take a couple weeks of vacation to practice my photography and have a bit of fun," you reply, "But meeting you boys has been fun enough."

They smile and there's a bit of a blush on their faces. You can't tell if it's the sun or if they might be warming up to you. 

Corbyn's POV

(Y/N's calling her parents and best friend to tell them where she's at)

"I think she's cute," Daniel says, "Can I ask her out?"

No, you think. I love her. Do I? I do love her.

"Um, well you've just met her," you (Corbyn) reply. 

"Well you have too," Daniel says defensively, "I'm asking her tonight." 

"Jonah, can I talk to you for a second?" you ask. 

"Of course," he says. "So you're catching feelings for Y/N?"

"Is it that obvious? Well, yeah," you mutter.

(Jonah) "I ship it, are you jealous of Daniel?" 

(Corbyn) "Yeah, I want to ask her but I'm right off of my relationship with, um, her. And Daniel's going to ask her out :("

(Jonah) "I say you go for it. You'll make a great boyfriend."

(Corbyn) "Thanks, Yonah. :)"

(Jonah) "I have a plan. We've got to blow her away." :)

Corbyn's nervous and scared out of his mind. He just can't bring himself to tell Y/N how he feels.

7:14 pm (Y/N's point of view)

You and the boys have gone out to dinner at a nice place in LA, decorated with string lights and golden candles. Party of 6. 

"It's so beautiful," you say happily.

Corbyn's POV

Like you, Corbyn thinks. <3

Y/N's POV

The boys smile, and you feel this connection, this love that you've never felt from those past "boyfriends." They're wearing nice dress shirts, and you can't help but think, "They're so handsome."

You yourself are wearing a simple but pretty pastel pink dress you brought originally for your vacation. On your head rests a primrose flower crown, and on your neck a rose gold necklace from your mother.

Jonah pulls out your chair for you, and Jack pushes you in, making sure you're comfortable. Zach gives you a single rose. You feel like a princess.

Daniel and Corbyn are unusually quiet. Corbyn's been a bit quiet after the breakup, but Daniel is nervously shifting his feet and looking at the ground. You've been busy getting to know Zach and Jack, but you do notice Corbyn saying something to Jonah and leaves to the bathroom. 

He's gone for several minutes. You're about to go check on him when Daniel crosses around the table to you and says, "Y/N, can I ask you something?"