chapter six .

It started today, Thursday, March 6th.

Physical education. Aka one of the many reasons Min Yoongi thought of school as the equivalent to the scum of the earth.

Namjoon had texted him early in the morning regarding this, since after all he was well aware of how little his friend cared for the class--the tragically required class. (Yoongi swore he would one day make a petition to have PE labeled as an optional activity.)

Joonie: it gon be alright yoongs

Yoongi: im not going to school 2day

Joonie: yes u r

He knew he would have to. If Yoongi didn't show up at Namjoon's house at the usual time, Namjoon would end up dragging him out of his bed against his will anyway, and neither of them really wanted that.

"Mornin' Yoongs."

Yoongi grunted.

"C'mon, don't be like that." Namjoon patted his friend's soft green hair. "Think about positive things that are gonna happen today."

"There are none."

"Ah, but there are."

Yoongi's narrow-eyed gaze locked on the other's face.

"You'll get to talk with your new friend, riiiiiight?"

"That's not worth going to school."

"Yoongs, that's cruel. You'll hurt Jimin's feelings."

Upon arriving at the building, Yoongi collapsed in his seat, already feeling exhausted. He had skipped breakfast that morning. And forgot to pack a lunch. Or maybe he was just too lazy to pack a lunch. He couldn't remember. And trying to remember would require effort, something of which he had none to offer. So in summary, Yoongi was hungry, angry, and feeling immensely tired despite having gotten a reasonable amount of sleep the previous night. It wasn't even 8 a.m. How would he survive PE?

Oh, gosh, if they start us off with dodgeball again this year I swear I will murder the coaches in cold blood. Cold. Blood.

Not only did dodgeball force him to interact with his fellow students, but it seemed that every year, ever since his first year of middle school, there had been some incident in which Yoongi ended up either injured or on the verge of tears as a result of his fragile mental state pinned against the loud and crowded environment dodgeball created. He dreaded it. Even more so since the teams were typically divided by class, so Yoongi wouldn't be able to rely on Namjoon to provide protection from the enemies.

To make matters worse, the only alternative to dodgeball was track. And running endlessly in circles first thing in the morning would probably kill him.

With the new class in session for the year, the schedules were changed slightly, with PE taking the first slot and pushing geometry and the rest of the classes to a later time in the day. Certainly not what Yoongi would have voted for. If anything, he wished they would make it the last period of the day, so at least he could look forward to going home afterwards instead of having to endure what followed. Namjoon was fairly athletic. He would be fine. Yoongi's athleticism leaned strictly towards basketball. He would not be quite as fine.

"Yoongi? You okay? You're sweating a lot."

In the blink of an eye he was there. In the gymnasium. Wearing his gym clothes which, despite their airiness, were already starting to make him feel like a lit candle. He tugged at the loose collar and fanned himself with his hand.

"I'm fine," he told a very concerned Jimin, ignoring the subtle kick Namjoon gave to his leg. "Super fine. I love dodgeball."

"Cold lies. You're terrified, aren't you?"