chapter eighteen .

The date was June 14th, also known as the day of the annual summer festival, also known as the day when Yoongi would be dragged out of the comfort of his home to some beach to socialize with "friends." Well, some of them were his friends, so he couldn't really say that word with sarcasm. But he did anyway, because a part of him was still tentative about going. However, with the thought in mind that he would be doing this for Namjoon, Yoongi felt just a little motivated. Besides, with Namjoon and Jimin both there, he wouldn't feel as anxious. Probably. Hopefully.

Namjoon had texted in the group chat for everyone to meet at the beach at around 3 in the afternoon. There, they would hang out for a few hours, and then head to the festival afterwards and most likely spend the rest of the day there.

Well it was two-thirty now. Yoongi hadn't changed out of his sleepwear. His legs were draped over the side of his living room couch, eyes mindlessly fixed on the television screen when suddenly his phone vibrated. Someone had texted him. Probably Namjoon reminding him to get ready, knowing Yoongi's lazy behind hadn't moved since eleven in the morning.

He picked up his phone and glanced at the screen. Apparently he had missed quite a few texts.

You have 3 new messages from Jimin.

You have 6 new messages from Hoseok.

You have 2 new messages from Joonie.

You have 2 new messages from Jungkook.

Yoongi could remember the day when Namjoon was the only person who texted him. Sighing, he opened Jimin's messages first.

Jimin: [image sent]

Cute.

Jimin: Tae and i are already here!! well, i mean he's in a public restroom rn lol but afterwards we're going straight to the beach

Jimin: yoongi its so gorgeous out 2day, the weather couldnt be any better :D

Jimin: u gonna be here soon?

Yoongi: as soon as i get dressed

Jimin: lool yoongi ur not dressed yet??

Yoongi: don't rush me boy. i'll move at my own pace

Jimin: mhm :))

Next came Hoseok's messages.

Hoseok: [image sent]