chapter twelve .

Friday, April 4th

Yoongi's and Namjoon's parents had gotten married a couple years apart, but also only a couple days apart. So every year, the two boys would go out shopping for anniversary gifts together, and today happened to be the day they chose to go. It was also an excuse to hang out. And Yoongi couldn't deny that he actually looked forward to it. They would always go to his favorite coffee shop-- it wasn't within walking distance, meaning he could only ever go there on occasions when Namjoon gave him a ride via his car. Additionally, he liked to be able to do something nice for his parents every once in a while, even if it were something as simple as getting them a little gift. He knew they appreciated it, and that was all that mattered.

Classes had ended not long ago. Yoongi, relieved at the sound of the dismissal bell, pulled out his phone to text his friend.

Yoongi: u ready joon

Yoongi: or did ur hr teacher play the "the bell doesnt dismiss u i do" card again

Joonie: lol she didnt

Joonie: but i cant go right away anyways

Yoongi: what why

Joonie: teach asked me to help jungkook out with some stuff, so i might be a lil while

Yoongi: r u srs

Joonie: aw dnt be so angry yoongs it's not like it'll take an hour

Joonie: well i hope not anyway

Yoongi: tf am i s'posed to do while i wait

Joonie: idk

Joonie: talk with jimin

Joonie: or ask hoseok to come over and keep u company

Yoongi: how about no

Joonie: salty boy

Joonie: you'll figure out smth i believe in u

Mildly frustrated, Yoongi put his phone away, watching with bored eyes as students left the classroom, one by one. Jimin had waved bye to Yoongi before going over to talk with Taehyung. Typically, the two left shortly after being dismissed, so Yoongi wondered why they were still here, as well as why Jimin had purposely left his book bag next to his desk instead of taking it with him. Did he have some reason for staying after school too? Yoongi thought about asking but decided not to. He wasn't really in the mood to hear Taehyung retort with something along the lines of, why are you so curious? or, is it any of your business?

Whatever he had done to get on the boy's nerves, he didn't know for sure, but Yoongi couldn't help but feel there was an unwelcoming air whenever he was around Tae.

Yoongi waited a while. Sitting at his desk, phone in hand, tapping away at the screen while mindlessly playing whatever games Namjoon had downloaded for him the one time he stole Yoongi's phone... There were too many, but Yoongi didn't care enough to delete them. He grew increasingly bored as time passed. Slowly. Namjoon still hadn't come back. A couple students were still in the classroom. And Yoongi was still tired of waiting. Swinging his book bag over his shoulder, he finally decided to exit the classroom, slipping stealthily behind Jimin, who had been talking with Taehyung the entire time.

The hallways were virtually empty. And it was quiet. Yoongi walked at a slow pace down the hall, clutching his bag and expecting a rush of students to come out of nowhere just to scare the crap out of him. But it seemed most everyone had left. He went further down the hall. Every so often he'd glance into the window of a classroom, finding most of them void of students. He happened to catch sight of Namjoon in one of the rooms but chose not to bother him, seeing as he and Jungkook were both in the process of conversing with one of their teachers. They better be done soon...