HOW TO WRITE CHARACTERS!

PrettyWitchNight

I think you're the only one of my followers who's writing an original story with original characters. Idk if you're still doing it, but whatever

So here's some advice.

1. The characters have to be in the story for a reason.

They can't just be there, just cause. Give us a backstory or something. Like, some sort of explaination. It has to make sense.

Note: This is one of the mistakes I made when writing Dazzle. I didn't give reason for a character.

2. Give your characters some depth

Make them have a good, strong personality. Just don't make it cliche. Make your character relatable.

Ex: Lance from VLD

Lance feels insecure and doesn't think he's good enough. He thinks he's the weakest link on the chain. I can honestly relate with that.

3. NO MARY SUES!

Seriously tho

No one likes a Mary Sue, no one

How to detect a Mary Sue:

The character is praised and loved by everyone and people are always saying how perfect that person is.

She has no flaws that effect her life, if she does have flaws, it could be that she's clumsy or something.

The character is also very OP

4. Give them an arc

I think this one's optional, I think. But character development is very important for a character, it will also make the story more interesting. Just make sure it has at least something to do with the plot. The development should change what the character is struggling with the most.

I hope this helps with people who want to write an original story.

Sorry if I sound unprofessional.

lol

Bye.