Part 5

The study, as it turned out, was more of a library type room. There were books lining the walls and a few nice leather sofas and chairs. It had the strange after the scent of cigars in the room which was oddly relaxing. Martin fell onto one of the sofas and kicked his feet usefully in the air while Leia sat in the biggest chair and started playing her game again. It wasn't quite as nice as outside but it was certainly quiet and away from the ever-growing crowd of people that were outside. Martin had no idea how many people there actually were but it was beginning to feel like hundreds. He sighed and turned his head.

Which is when he spotted the laptop under the coffee table. His fingers itched and he reached out.

It was barely an hour later that the Alpha was back. Shocking Martin as the man strode into the room and swept Leia up off his chair. Leia giggled happily as he threw her up in the air and caught her, hugging her close fondly. "My chair," he teased, sitting down, still holding her. Martin tried to subtly put the laptop he had been playing with back on the table as the Alpha was distracted. He wasn't allowed outside, Martin very much doubted he was allowed on the internet either but the laptop had just been sitting there.

"It's comfortable," Leia shrugged, happy to sit on the Alpha's lap. "Is Andy ok?" she asked, giving the Alpha a flutter of her big blue eyes.

"Andy is perfectly fine, the brat. He was right where I knew he would be," the Alpha chuckled fondly, his eyes moving over to where Martin was. Flicking from Martin to the electronic device and narrowing. "Martin..." he said carefully. There was no way to doubt he was currently seconds away from throwing Martin over his knees.

"Yes, sir?" Martin offered, shifting uncomfortably in his gaze, trying to give his best act of innocence.

The Alpha closed his eyes and exhaled. Martin could feel the man's brain ticking and decisions being made. Still, the man didn't yell or scream at him. He opened his eyes and gestured for Martin to stand up. "Leia, go play with the other cubs," he ordered softly, kissing her forehead. "Sarah will pick you up when she drops Andy off with his stuff. He's going to be staying here for a little while," he explained softly, running his hand through her hair.

Leia looked between the two of them unhappily, clearly understanding just why she was being dismissed, but nodded. She wriggled off the Alpha's lap and ran over to Martin. Martin was very surprised as Leia wrapped her arms around him tightly. "Be good," she teased, with a grin. Before Martin could really react back, Leia was already dancing her way out of the room.

There was a tense silence for a moment. The Alpha still sitting, his eyes trained on Martin carefully. Martin tried not to fidget under the glaze but every moment that the man sat there like that made his heart beat a little fast. Finally, the alpha sighed and leant back in his chair. "Come here and bring the laptop," he ordered firmly.

Martin's legs felt like jelly and he couldn't move in the first moment. Then the Alpha shifted as if to stand up and the ability to function suddenly came flooding back to him. Martin quickly leant down to reach the device and rushed over. Not surprised to find it removed from his hands to moment he got there. He was a little more surprised as the Alpha grabbed his wrist and pulled him to sit on the man's laps, a bit like Leia had been doing. Martin tried to stand up again but an arm wrapped around his waist and kept him still, a low tutting behind him.

"Sit still," the Alpha warned as he opened the laptop with one hand, resting it on the table rest to the chair. Martin shifted unhappily but at a light slap on the thigh, settled. The arm around him was strong and more importantly, not moving.

The next fifteen minutes were almost painful as the Alpha checked over just what he had been up to on the laptop. The sights he had visited, if he had tried to contact anyone or searched for where he was.