Part 25

Martin wasn't sure how long he was left alone sobbing in the cold room. His sobs echoed off the walls back at him almost hauntingly as he sunk further into what he had done. He had tried to escape after wolfing out and now he was considered a danger. Eventually, his sob turned to hiccups and eventually into silence. Just swinging loosely in the chains, his cheeks stiff from tears and shame filling him. He had been very stupid and now he didn't know what was going to happen. 

He had been warned about what would happen if he was considered too dangerous for the pack to control. It wasn't death. It was being drugged and shipped to another pack. Trent's pack, the one that purposely kidnapped people and turned them into werewolves. He had been warned about how they treated their boys. It was not the family vibe here but something that sounded a lot darker and ominous. 

Sniffing, Martin tried not to burst into tears again. There was nothing he could do until Dominic returned. 

Eventually, the door opened and the bars scrapped open. Martin looked up warily and a mixture of relief and dread ran through him as Dominic stood before him, holding a red plastic cup and a flannel. He looked angry still but it was no longer burning fury but a calmer rage. Hopefully, that would bore well for Martin not being sent away. 

"Martin," Dominic greeted firmly, his eyes clearly taking in every inch of Martin's limp body. He walked closer and Martin was unable to stop himself flinching. Worse yet was the whimper that escaped his lips too. It was humiliating. Dominic waited for a moment before nodding, a look of disapproval crossing his lips. Martin realised why a moment too late. He hadn't replied. "Drink slowly," Dominic ordered, putting the cup to Martin's lips. 

Cold water hit the back of his throat and he slowly drank, grateful for the fluid after having cried for so long. Dominic was gentle, tipping the glass so the water didn't overwhelm him so he could drink at his own pace. Once the water was gone, Dominic put the cup down on the floor. Martin forced himself to keep breathing slowly and steady. Returning to Martin,  Dominic wiped Martin's face gently with the damp flannel before placing that down too.

"Have you got anything to say?" Dominic asked, neutrally, expectantly. Whatever Martin said now matter, and he could feel it.

Sniffing and looking at the floor, his eyes looking more empty than alive, Martin let the silence fill the room for a moment. What could he say? He didn't understand what Dominick wanted from him. Martin felt his eyes tear up again and it closed his eyes feeling defeated. "I..." Martin croaked uneasily. "I'm sorry..." he managed. He had angered Dominic so much, he had ruined everything. He didn't know what else to say.

"Do you even know what you are saying sorry for I wonder?" Dominic commented calmly, cupping Martin's face and rubbing his cheek gently with one thumb.

Martin flinched and trembled at the touch, scared and not understanding what Dominic was doing. Was he just trying to make a bond again to control Martin better? Or was Dominic being more sinister? Or was he just trying to keep Martin calm as it was clear Martin was still very fragile at that moment?  Martin whimpered again but didn't move away from the touch. If he wanted to stay here rather than go to some unknown place, he had to show he was willing to let anything happen. There was nothing he could do against Dominic now. Martin had to prove he had learned his lesson about disobeying the alpha of the pack.