Part 21

Dominic disappeared upstairs and Martin sighed, Nick already inching closer to him again. He glared at the guy before moving over to the side. Stein looked over confused but kept eating. Even with Dominic having just told them off, Sam and Leia were already pounding on their brother's door again. Martin was starting to wonder if Luka had put in earbuds or something so he didn't have to hear them. It was just a shame the rest of them did. 

"They aren't going to let up, are they?" Martin sighed, his head hurting. 

"Nope," Nick laughed, apparently unfazed by this. "They want to play," he chuckled, leaning over close to Martin. Martin felt himself flush, for one moment thinking Nick was about to kiss him but then... Nick licked his neck, Martin complaining loudly and shoving the boy away as the others laughed. Nick beamed at him and winked. "I'll happily play with you," he practically purred, leaning in close again so their noses were practically touching. Martin's heartbeat sped up and for a moment he was speechless.

"Nick!" Stein complained. "You're not alone, you know? Not everyone wants to hear that crap."

"Please," Nick scoffed, leaning back and giving Martin some space. Something Martin was very happy for as his cheeks currently felt like they were on fire. "Like you don't need pointers in being charming? Unless that friend of yours is just a friend?" he asked, poking Stein in the ribs. His arm reaching around Martin and brushing against his back. "You certainly are glued to the hip to him if the stories are true," he chuckled, dodging as Stein went to punch him. "Well?" he asked, Stein's face bright red.

"He's my friend," Stein said firmly, but he was biting his lip and flushing deeply. Martin felt a similar impulse as parts of his body started reacting in ways he did not want!

"Uh huh," Nick said in a clearly disbelieving manner, shooting Martin a look which was amused and fond.  Martin sent a mental prayer that it was about how Stein was reacting and not about how he was. "And how does your wolf feel about him?" he asked, sounding distinctly like someone who thought they knew better.

"He likes him as a friend too," Stein muttered, embarrassment practically flowing off the guy. Martin almost wanted to help the guy out, only. If he did that, Nick would go back to flirting with him. Nick wasn't lying when he said he knew how to charm. Only Martin was pretty sure part of that was do with the fact Nick was handsome and in fantastic shape. And his smile was mesmerising. And you could get lost in those blue eyes of his that always been to sparkle. He was half naked all the time giving you a view of his fantastic chest and shoulders which muscles that had been earned through physical endurance rather than weights...

Where was his point again? Oh yes. Nick had struck gold on the genetic lottery and while Stein was a good looker, he clearly needed a few more years to bloom. 

"What your wolf thinks matters?" Martin asked, as Stein almost started to curl into a ball and Nick was laughing loudly, hugging the boy from behind. Martin was pleased to see Stein leaning into the hold. The teasing had been just so. 

"Of course," Nick shrugged, arms still draped around Stein loosely. "You are partners after all. It kind of matters how your wolf thinks about the person you want to bone." Again there was a strange tone of 'this should be obvious' and Martin didn't like that. People were beginning to forget he knew basically nothing. Or possibly think that after a couple of weeks of living with the pack he should just magically know everything he needed too by now.