Part 26

Next time Martin woke, there were three more people in the room. He kept his eyes closed and his drifted as he felt arms around him.  He could smell Andy and Leon on the bed with him, Dominic was still nearby too. Sarah was at the door, gently asking who wanted some sandwiches for dinner. She was clearly trying not to disturb Martin and his chest felt a little warm at that. 

Shifting in his half-asleep state, Martin cracked a heavy eye open. Looking around, he had Andy behind him and Dominic in front. He yawned wide and snuggled against the Alpha tiredly, closing his eyes again. He was a little hungry but he was more just exhausted. He felt like he could sleep a week. 

"I'm hungry," Andy said, with a small smile in his voice. His arms tightened around Martin slightly, almost teasingly, letting Martin know they knew he was awake. Martin grumbled softly, forcing his eyes open again. They felt heavy and it was nice and warm between the two bodies. Dominic's chest was safe and reassuring to hide in. Andy flush against his back didn't feel too bad either. He just wanted to drift there, surrounded by the comforting scents and gentle touches. Only the touches were starting to get firmer, clearly seeking to pull him from the safe daze. 

"Yes, please. Sarah, get one for Martin as well?" Dominic chuckled. "He hasn't eaten in a while," he mused softly, a hand petting Martin's side as Martin slowly joined them in the real world.

Martin rolled onto his front, letting out another groan and before lifting himself up on the pillow slightly. "What time is it?" he mumbled groggily, rubbing his eyes with the back of his hand. How long had been dead to the world after the traumatic day?

"About 7," Andy commented almost too cheerfully. "How are you feeling?" He asked gently, rubbing Martin's back. Well, Martin suspected it was Andy because the touch was light and gentle. Dominic's touched were more firm and sunk deeper into his bones. Andy was still flush against him, his voice almost alarming close to his ear. A leg pressed against his and hooked with his ankle playfully.

"I..." Martin froze as the full weight of the memories crashed down on him. He bit his lip and turned over, careful not to hurt Andy as he shifted. "Hum..." Martin hesitated as he sat up gingerly, looking around him warily at the rather relaxed wolves. He wasn't wary out of fear. No. But because of what he had done. Yet they all seemed rather relaxed about the whole thing. "Good... I think," he answered, his mouth twitching. There were so man questions he wanted to ask but he just could seem to find the right way to convey them.

"Heard you wolfed out," Leon commented bluntly, "Don't worry, everyone does it at some point," the guy added sheepishly as Andy kicked him, "I did when I was 13. Some kid decided to push me down the stairs. Well. He got a surprise!" Leon chuckled, though there was a look of embarrassment about the situation. Andy sat up too and patted Leon on the shoulder consolingly.

"Thank the moon he was a wolf too," Dominic groaned, clearly remembering the incident.

"I attacked Sammy once," Andy admitted, lowering his head. "I lost control and even if I didn't hurt him... I attacked him." Leon shifted and wrapped his arms around Andy tight, kissing his mate's cheek. Andy leant on him and accepted the comfort mournfully.

"I see..." said Martin, rethinking what he knew about Andy and Sammy's relationship. He had assumed that Sammy wasn't as close to Andy because Andy wasn't like the other wolves. Meanwhile, Nick and Luka were well thought off. It seemed there was another aspect to the brothers. "I..." Martin hesitated. Thinking of his sister. Of how he would feel if he attacked her, even by accident. "I don't really understand how you can live with that..." he admitted in a small voice. "How do you live when suddenly you fade away...? I'm always scared to disappear..." he finally said, looking down at his lap.