Chapter 1

Setting the scene: Drunks getting eloped. (Don't actually do it even though it seems romantic)

Ryan loops his arm around my shoulder and brings me in close to him. I giggle as his lips tickle my ear.

Ryan and I spent the summer bumping into each other at rodeos. School for me started and during one of the rodeos he had asked me out on a date. We just ended up going to the movies then drinking. We also both realized that we were terrible drunks when together.

Taaron and Brooke had ran off already. Ryan and I on the other hand were driving Derek wild. We just kept giggling and trying to run off when he wasn't looking. We both were pretty sure he was fed up with us now even though we both were sobering up really quickly in the cool air and chugging water.

Ryan leans down and whispers, "Wanna get married?"

I look up at him and squint feeling a little confused, "What?"

He looks me in the eyes and with complete seriousness, "Let's get married. Let's elope here."

My heart pounds and the alcohol runs through my veins still. My head was still cloudy so I nod my head. Because I'm in love with a handsome man. He doesn't question anything about my flaws and he looks at me like he can actually see love, "Let's do it."

He smiles wide and looks at Derek, "Hey let's go find a church and Maya and I are going to get hitched."

Derek raises an eyebrow but shrugs his shoulders, "Your life."

I smile and grab Ryan's waist a little tighter. He had warmth that seemed to always pour off of him.

We drag Derek to a church to make him be our witness.

I barely remember the pastor and his words. I was too mesmerized by Ryan's hazel eyes.

How are they so beautiful?

Contacts?

No...

Them being so beautiful it just seemed. Impossible.

I'm getting married to the impossible.

Score.

The pastor clears his throat and I look at him with a sheepish smile. He gives me a look and I smile even wider knowing what I needed to say, "I do."

Then Ryan has his turn and suddenly we were kissing. Well it was more like I was melting. Melting.

Gone.

Gone in a blaze of fire that I call love.

Alcohol may have been part of the fuel.

But it was worth it. He will always be worth everything.