Chapter 8

Meg's POV:

I saw his eyes fixed on Gus' arm. I could see the hurt in his eyes, I had always hated him and he hated me, I just didn't understand. Why did he kiss me? Nothing added up. It had to be some dare from the Slytherins, since only a month ago in potions he poured some concoction over my head! But there was nothing behind it, it was a kiss and that's it. Besides Gus is my boyfriend. What does Malfoy expect?! Anyway rant over I had double potions next, with Draco- great! Then I had DADA, then Care of Magical Creatures, then Divination and then the most exciting thing about today- the Beauxbatons and the Drumstrangs coming ready for the Tri Wizard Tournament! The Tri Wizard Tournament is a competition where three champions are chosen (one from each school) and they have to compete in various tasks and in the end there is a winner who claims eternal glory. Although it's not that simple, you see people have died in these competitions and even though there is an age restriction, I'm worried.

"Megs? You coming?" Gus asked.

"Oh...yeah." I stuttered.

Gus walked me to potions- which he doesn't take. He kissed me and was on his way. I walked slowly into potions and sat on my usual seat next to Hermione and Harry, although Draco wasn't here? It was strange considering I had seen him at breakfast, but I didn't care. Soon enough the class started and Snape was rambling on about Antidotes again. I let Hermione answer all of the questions this lesson because truthfully I just wasn't interested. Then someone carelessly walked into the room and sat in the first spare seat he came to.

"Mr Malfoy. How nice of you to join us." Snape retorted.

"Well I thought I might gift everyone with my presence." He said and faced me and winked.

I abruptly turned away and I could see myself turning crimson but I could still see him smirking out of the corner of my eye.

"Detention tonight Mr Malfoy! I will not tolerate that behaviour in my class!" Snape shouted.

"Okay, see you then." Draco laughed.

The lesson then continued but I kept getting side glances from Draco. He was acting totally badass, and I kinda liked it. I kinda liked it?! As I walked out of class I felt a hand grab my wrist and pull me into a deserted corridor. I turned around to see two sparkling grey eyes staring into my own.

"What do you want." I retorted.

"What's up with you?" He asked.

"You! You're what's up with me." I shouted.

"What have I done?" He questioned.

"Don't pretend you don't know!" I shouted.

"I don't know." He replied calmly.

"Okay, fine. So you are horrible to me ever since I first set foot in this school, you call me names, you pour things on me and you are just plain rude! And then you just go and kiss me? What's that all about?" I scoffed.

"I like you, Meg. A lot and I'm sorry I was like that back then but I couldn't risk my friends finding out I liked you and especially not your friends and brother. But like I said last night you have a part of me I can never get back." He told me.

"Why don't you prove it!" I muttered.

"You know, I will." He whispered.

"Fine." I huffed and I stormed off to Care of Magical Creatures.

I was 10 minutes late but since we had Hagrid he didn't mind. I tried my hardest to sneak into class but unfortunately Hermione spotted me. Obviously I had to lie so I told her that I was asking Snape something and she reluctantly believed me- thank god. If she found out that I was even talking to a Slytherin I would be dead, especially Malfoy.

The day went on slowly but when tea was eventually here he was still staring at me, just like at breakfast, glaring at my boyfriend and I. Though I didn't have long to ponder on that because it was time to announce the champions!

Dumbledore started to announce the champions, "Okay the Goblet is ready and the first champion is Viktor Krum- Drumstrang! Congratulations Mr Krum! Now our second champion is Fleur Delacour- Beauxbatons. Well done Miss Delacour! Now finally the Hogwarts champion is.... Cedric Diggory! Brilliant, we now have our three champ-"

"Hermione, is this supposed to happen?" I asked.

"No. There are only three champions." She replied.

I held Hermione and Gus' hands and we waited until-

"Harry Potter!" Dumbledore shouted.

My heart stopped. Harry, my big brother! He was only fourteen, he could die!

"HARRY POTTER!" Dumbledore shouted, again.

"Harry, go on!" Hermione urged pushing him off his seat.

I tried to hold back tears, but it didn't work. Little droplets leaked from the corners of my eyes, silently but the people sitting around me noticed. Gus put his arm around me and I cuddled into his chest. Why Harry though? Why? We were eventually ushered back to our common rooms and I just simply cried. I couldn't take it! My big brother in danger, risking his life! Worst of all I knew they would have to make him compete because of the magical contract of the Goblet of Fire.

Harry took forever to get back to the common room. We were all just sitting in silence until we heard the portrait swing open, and there stood Harry. My eyes were all bloodshot and my cheeks were wet, I ran up to him and hugged him as tight as I could.

"Meg, it going to be okay. I promise." Harry said and he pulled back and wipes my tears away with his thumbs.

"Yeah... b-but, what I-if..." I stuttered.

"What if nothing. It will be fine." Harry said hugging me again and stroking my hair.

To be honest I think we kinda put a damper on the party because most people were just watching us.... oh well he is my brother!

We had a party but I could tell that Harry just wanted to go upstairs and sleep. I, on the other hand, had two things on my mind, obviously Harry and also what Draco said: 'I'll prove it.' What is that supposed to mean?

-

The next week was very hard, Hermione and I were stuck in the middle because Ron was refusing to talk to Harry. So when I was with Harry, Hermione was with Ron and vice versa. I was being strong for Harry's sake but when I was on my own I would cry. I had almost lost my mum and dad once so I can't go losing my brother. After one Care of Magical Creatures lesson I was walking back to the common room when I felt two arms wrap protectively around my shoulders and pull me into the person, but I didn't decline the offer of the hug, it was one of the things I needed most right now so I just sank into the hug. It was nice but then-

"I'm sorry about your brother, Potter."

I looked up at the face of the voice, with my red eyes and saw-

"Draco? Why are you here, with me?" I asked, trying to sound angry but failing and sinking more into the hug.

"Well I promised that I would prove to you that I like you, a lot, and this is me doing just that." He explained.

"Well Draco Malfoy, you're doing a good job." I said and we stayed in that position until dinner, just us together.

A/N - Hey guys please give me some feed back, constructive criticism, well done's ect. I live on feed back! 💚💛💙❤️