Rain Cliché

Another sunny day in Clarines arose as the Herbalist, Shirayuki, took the last sip of her calming tea before leaving for her job. Prince Zen Wisteria though wasn't as relaxed as his partner. He had to leave early in the morning for an 1hour long meeting, quite far from the castle. He calculated that the estimated time of his arrival would be at sunset. With the thought of returning before night time and having time to see his beloved for the day, he left happily, nearly forgetting his bag if it wasn't for his messenger, Obi.

~~~*Lots of hours later"~~~

Shirayuki neatly planted the last herb and poured a cup of water before leaving the glass enclosed garden. Meanwhile, Zen had just finished his shower after returning from the tiring meeting. He dried his hair one last time before searching for his beloved. On his way to the garden, rain started to pour. Though light in the beginning, the rain turned out to be quite heavy. Zen ran towards the herbal garden hoping that Shirayuki would still be there, working hard so that they could sit together and wait until the rain stopped. On the contrary, Shirayuki was slowly and cautiously making her way towards the Chief Herbalists office to hand the notebook which was currently used as protection over her head.

Shirayuki paused under a huge tree to relax and check if the content of the textbook was still intact. Zen also took a break on the other side of the tree to catch his breath from running. Upon hearing heavy breathing she rushed towards the opposite side of the tree while the splashing from her boots hitting the mud reached Zen's ears. He ran towards the sound, grabbing his sword, thinking it was a threat. When they saw each other Zen suddenly stopped, not wanting to hurt his love with the sharp object in his hand and Shirayuki tried to avoid it. But, they both fell in the mud next to each other. Zen's sword flew all the way to a tree branch and Shirayuki's book did too. The couple just stood there processing what had just happened. They both ended up laughing at their muddy forms.

Zen: I'll end up in so much trouble when I enter my bedroom and Mitsuhide sees me like this.

Shirayuki: The real difficulty is getting to our rooms without getting the hallway full of mud.

Zen: And... Let's not forget our belongings points at the sword and textbook

Shirayuki: Ahh yes... We're doomed.

Then, a genius idea popped into Zen's mind. They could have fun and take care of the mud together.

Zen: Can you stand?

Shirayuki: Yes, I believe.

Zen lends Shirayuki some help and they both stand up.

Shirayuki: What's on your m-?

The young prince takes the herbalist and they both spin around in the rain. The mud doesn't take long before it leaves their shoes and their clothing. But the couple keeps on messing around in the rain,cuddling and playing with each other's hair for at least an hour before Zen pulls Shirayuki by her waist and kisses her tenderly as the rain starts to get lighter.

Zen: Well... Now I think we have to worry about rain water in the halls.

Shirayuki giggles as they are about to leave but last minute, Zen remembers their things.

Zen: I'll go get them.

Shirayuki: Are you sure? The tree is quite slippery and you are wet...

Zen: Don't worry about it, I used to climb things all the time to escape the castle, sometimes even in the rain.

Shirayuki: Yeah I saw it in your medical history! You got hurt by that.

Zen: If it's you taking care of me I wouldn't mind getting hurt again. *grabs the objects and gracefully lands on the floor* Oof.

Shirayuki is about to take her textbook from Zen but he doesn't look willing to give it back just yet. She shots a questioning look at him.

Zen: One last thing. Actually, one last kiss and you'll have the notebook.

Shirayuki,after having a debate with her thoughts if she should give in to his wishes,  gets up on her toes and reaches for Zen's lips. Realising that this is the first time she has started a kiss she freezes in shock. Zen, noticing that she isn't responding to the kiss, stops to look at her and search if something if wrong from her expression.

Shirayuki: O-oh! It's nothing don't worry about it.

Zen: If it is something important you know you can tell me right?

Shirayuki: Of course, Zen!

He hands her the textbook and they hold hands until they have to separate for the day. They both try not to fill the hallways full of water which, to some extend is unavoidable and make it to their rooms for a nice warm bath, leaving the mess to the castle maids.

Word count: 827 words

-MCAnimeAngel13