Stressed

Shirayuki POV:

We had just arrived at the extravagant inn that had been booked for us in this new town we had approached for the one and only reason of negotiating with this place's Lord and trying to make him accept phostyrias being planted in the territory he ruled over. That would be my seemingly difficult and endless next, hopefully, months. I can't imagine this dragging any longer than it should but if I don't leave each place without getting what I need then this tour might even take a year, at worse.

And I must at least admit this to myself, since I don't feel like exposing my emotions to my friends who are rooting for me to achieve this task which we worked on so hard to make possible. I am slightly anxious about the whole situation - OK maybe I lied, extremely anxious. All the hard work we put on this plant that took so many long years might all go to waste if I don't do this right. Honestly, I can't even trick myself into feeling like this could be easy. Me,up against nobles, most of whom have only heard of me through nasty rumours or the thousands of 'what ifs' between my relationship with their prince.

It's not like no one noticed this anxiety slowly eating me alive. Obi noticed me twirling my hair multiple times during the carriage ride, a bad habit of mine ever since I was a child, not only does it ruin my hair but I can't control it and it always finds a way to show. But there was also this other body language of mine which was even more noticeable-

Obi: Hey Shirayuki, it's alright to admit that you're nervous.

Shirayuki: Huh? Me? Nervous? Why?

Obi: *points at her fingers* You've been fidgeting your fingers for quite some time now. Now don't tell me you aren't nervous like you did in the carriage, it's obvious!

Shirayuki: Uh no! I'm just... Just...

Ah this was the other thing! As I was trying to think of an excuse the sound of our shoes hitting the wooden floor as we went upstairs to our room was haunting. It made things even more awkward.

Obi: It's alright if you don't want to talk about it. But if you do this in front of those entitled nobles they'll definitely notice and that wouldn't be a good image on you, not like I know much about meetings and nobility but it's one of the things I heard Mitsuhide tell Master -

I wouldn't say that I'd be ruining my 'good image' since they already must dislike me from the rumours, I mean, who wouldn't listen to royalty gossip even as a guilty pleasure!

Obi: - On that note, don't make me have to bring Master all the way here to calm you down. Though, I wouldn't mind catching up face-to-face on all the latest news.

Seeing Zen actually wouldn't be that bad, actually it wouldn't be bad at all I'm sure just the sound of his voice would be just the thing to calm me down. If only I had a way, some device of some type, to be able to listen to him.

Wait! No! What am I thinking!? Zen is currently swamped with work, it wouldn't be convenient to travel all the way here just to sooth me. It would be time consuming and a waste of time. I should try to relax and think positively so that won't be needed, even though I'd never invite him here myself.

Obi: I guess this is where we part, Mistress. If you need anything I'm right next door. We don't have a linking room door like in Tanbarun but I can easily knock down both doors need be.

Shirayuki: I'm not sure if that's meant to threaten me or reassure me.

Obi: Me threaten you? Of course not! Let's not even think about what Master would do to me if he heard such thing!

I giggled one last time before waving him off, thinking about Zen's cute, yet intimating angry face.

It's not even been that long since he last visited and I already miss him. When will we permanently be near each other again?