14. Sunsets and tears.

(F/N) pov
Valerian walked towards my plate of pancakes and took a bite out of one of them. He closed his eyes and made an expression as if it was the best thing he had ever tasted.

The pancakes had cinnamon, sugar and syrup in the middle which added extra sweetness. He looked as if he'd never tasted pancakes before. I just giggled as he ate the pancake with such admiration.

Valerian pov
"How the hell did you learn how to cook like this?" I didn't know that she could cook this amazingly.

"Every morning my father would make me pancakes, his specialty, and he would teach me his secret with each meal" (F/N) replied.

"I'm sure you miss him don't you?" I asked nervously.

"Yes I do, a lot, everyday" she replied

"I know what it's like, to lose a loved one. Its heart breaking, I'm sorry" I tried to comfort her.

(F/N) just walked closer and hugged me, she rested her head against my chest and pulled me closer. I picked her up bridal style and took her inside. We sat down on the couch and I let her lay on top of me.

She laid on top of me comfortably and closed her eyes. "What's on your mind?" she asked me, not moving, her eyes still closed.

"You" I replied. She opened her eyes and looked up at me. Then she leaned in closer and kissed me, it was so gentle and soft.

>Time Skippy<

"Hey (F/N), wake up, I want to show you something" I whispered in her ear. She slowly opened her eyes, she looked so tired as she tried to wake up.

"Mhm" (F/N) muffled something as she looked up at me.

"Come, wake up Princess" I whispered again and she slowly climbed off of me. I held her hand and walked her outside.

"Valerian it's cold outside" she whined at me.

"I'll get you a hoodie" I replied walking back inside to fetch one.

"Thank you" she said as I came back handing her the hoodie.

(F/N) put the baggy white hoodie on over her small petit frame. Once she neatened herself up I pulled her closer and leaned down to her ear. "Look to your right" I whispered.

Her breath was instantly taken away, her eyes widened and her eyes dropped. "It's beautiful" she spoke, her voice shaky.

"Yeah it is. But so are you" I replied looking straight down at her.

"Thank you! You gave me a home, food, clothes, a bed and now you're showing me the sea and the sun. Something I've always wanted" she spoke with tears prickly her eyes.

"You are the nicest person I've met in a really long time, thank you" she added.

I just pulled her closer into a hug and squeezed her. "You deserve everything you want and so much more Princess"

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Thank you for reading I hope you enjoyed this chapter please vote and read my other stories as well.

Shanna Tiffin
xoxo