15. Cold Nights

(F/N) pov
We stayed up till the sun fell from the sky. Laying in the sand that had turned cold. Wishing time could stop so that we dont have to go back, back to alpha, back to our responcibilities. Back to our old lives.

I started to freeze, and I was slowly closing my eyes. The world melting away, and all my problems dissapearing.

I drew closer to his warmth, cuddling up to him. He held me in his arms like he'd never let go. The cold air shook me, the calming sound of the waves crashing down sung me to a state of mind where I couldn't think or speak. Some people may describe it as liminal.

Valerian pov
She shivered in my arms, her head against my chest, her breathing was slow as she drifted off to sleep. I gently rubbed her arms in an effort to get rid of her goosebumps.

Once she was fast asleep I picked her up and carried her inside. Even though she looked so calm I knew that there was a constant war playing in her head, beating her down and breaking her.

(F/N) pov
*In a dream* "(F/N) wake up, we're almost there." I heard Valerians voice loud, it irritated me, I was sleeping so peacefully.

"Where are we going?" I asked him once I got my bearings and reunited with reality.

"To Aplha, I was told I have a new mission" Valerian replied while he dressed into his uniform.

I've been worrying about this day, the day that I have to go back on Alpha, the fear overwhelmed me. I just wanted to crawl into a dark corner and hide away.

I got dressed into smart casual clothes, to be honest I didn't know what to wear.

I walked to stand next to Valerian as the entrance to the spaceship opened up allowing us out. But as I was about to take a step forward I was surrounded.

Guards ran around me to form a circular barrier. There was no way out. I heard someone say "Well done Major Valerian! It was an incredible idea, getting her to cozy up to you and trust you"

It was all a lie! All a scam! I felt tears rush down my face. My cheeks were getting hot and my eyes started to burn. I couldn't breathe. My throat closed up on me and my vision went funny. For a split second everything went black.

I woke up grasping for air, breathing heavily. I was hot and sweating and scared for my life.

I look next to me and saw Valerian sleeping peacefully. His lips were parted, they looked so soft. He looked so calm and sweet. My mind rushed back to the dream. When I saw him like this I could never think of him doing that. Ratting me out to the government, just kicking me to the curb so easily.

I suddenly felt nauseous and my head was pounding. I got out of bed, walked downstairs and outside onto the soft sea sand. I walked till my feet touched the icy cold water. I shivered uncontrollably, it woke me up but at the same time the air and crashing of waves sung me to sleep.

It was an endless cycle, you could sit there for hours and not notice the time. It was an escape.

I sat by the ocean for about an hour clearing my mind. I sat till my body was covered in goosebumps and my nails turned blue. I clutched onto my legs to keep warm. I was freezing, but somehow it was comforting.

I couldn't move I just sat and gazed at the moon and how it shone so beautifully on the ocean. After a while I brought myself to get up and go back but that was the most I've ever been calm and relaxed in a very long time.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Thank you for reading. I'm so happy I've gotten 24.5K reads on this book. I know I haven't written but I had an idea and decided to add it to the story. Also please Vote⭐

Shanna Tiffin
xoxo