Chapter 14

"Finally, with the Lycaons at a point lead, the bottom of 5th inning starts with the Mariners' offense. This will likely become the last inning. Who would have thought the Lycaons would be on the lead?" The commentator starts discussing.

"Nah, this lead don't hold much power. On the contrary, it tells they are still in the disadvantageous situation." Mori, the guest commentator pointed out.

"You did say?"

"Please look at this heavy rain."

"Woah! Even more so than earlier the passing shower are gaining strength!" As said by Kenji Miyazawa, 'Be not defeated by the rain.'

"Just like the other pitchers earlier, we can conclude that it is also a disadvantageous situation for Tokuchi. And more importantly, the most bitter ingredient for Lycaons, that would be, this inning's batter order leads with..."

"... the continuation of Takami, Thomas, and Brooklyn's powerful line up." Well, I know Toua would manage and it's not like my concern would do something. Like he would accept it anyway.

Ahh... It's getting only worst as every minute passes by...

Are? why did Toua went at the Mariners' dugout? He seems to be talking with Manager Imawano.

"This match hasn't been decided yet! Don't act like you've already won!" I heard Manager Imawano yell. I wonder what they are fighting about.

They talk a bit more then Toua turned around facing me. "When you lose, take responsibility properly." Ahh!! So that's the plan! But...

Will Toua be able to pitch well in this heavy rain? That'll gonna be hard even for me...

The first batter this inning is Takami.

"Strike!" The first pitch is a strike barely in the zone but contrary to that, Toua smirked. Seems like it's going according to his plan.

He also threw 3 balls and Takami fouled once.

"And now for his 6th pitch. He winds up... And he... throws it!"

"Strike! Batter out!" Woah! That one definitely dipped!

But how...

Ahh! The rain! He used the rain to let his low spinning ball to get an even lesser spin.

He made the ball slide on his fingertips!

Really, hands up for Toua. He really know his thing. And now, he is already unstoppable.

"Strike! Batter out!" Thomas is utterly striked out.

"Strike!" And that is the second strike for Brooklyn, making the count 2-0. Good, the game is nearly finished. Here comes the third pitch.

"It's a hit! However, it's a slow grounder back to the pitcher. The rule of Mariners has come to an end!" Toua caught the ball.

"AHH! TOKUCHI ISN'T THROWING THE BALL TO FIRST BASE!! WHAT THE HECK!" The commentator reacts as Toua walk towards Brooklyn.

"If I touch you with this ball, the game will be...valid!" He act like touching Brooklyn with the ball, which he dodged, slumping on the ground.