Chapter 24

"Tokuchi, where's the manager?" Asked Kojima.

"Who knows." Yuuzaburou then burst out of the door, humming while skipping.

"So, how much?" I mutter.

"Hmm?"

"You bribed him something by right?"

"...10 million if we win, 50 million if we lose."

"So he'll be your dog for this games against Blue Mars..."

<Ideguchi's POV>

"Top of the 8th inning, the Lycaons' attack begins with the catcher, Ideguchi."

So, what am I suppose to do?

"Ideguchi-kun~"called manager Mihara.

Use a safety bunt. He passed the sign.

It's a bunt huh. As expected of Tokuchi, he brilliantly convinced the defiant manager.

Alright! I must get on base no matter what!

But... Will they really act as we wish and shift for the bunt? Maybe I should see it first...

As the pitcher starts his wind up, the defense begins to move forward.

"Oh? It's another bunt?" I made a bunt pose.

"Strike!"

"Ideguchi attempted bunting just like what Fujita and Arai did earlier, but he let it pass by. What is the Lycaons' dugout thinking?"

As expected, they shifted before the pitcher release the ball! This guys totally believe I will bunt. This will work!

"The pitcher is in his wind-up. How will Ideguchi react to the next pitch? Ahh! Ideguchi poses for a bunt again!" The ball left the pitcher's hand.

Yes! Come on!

"Ahh, Ideguchi pulls back! He's going to swing!"

"He hits it! The ball passes out the drawn in infielders! The Lycaons have no outs and a runner on base this inning."

"Yes!"

"Awesome!"

"That was beautiful, Ideguchi!" The dugout cheer on me.

Great! Now's the time for sign plays. And their shady signals will be everywhere again. The real game of deception is about to begin.

Just wait and see how we'll deceive you guys– hold on... We have to turn their plan against them, but how? Isn't this so? The only one who knew about the shaft signals are me, Kojima-san, Miyazono-chan and Tokuchi.

If we tell them the truth now...

Everyone will panic... And of course, the opponent will notice. They'll stop using the shady signals. Then we won't be able to deceive them.

In that case, we can only follow the manager's sign.

Then... We can't turn their plan against them!

"T-timeout!"

"Huh? Ideguchi called for a timeout. Is there something wrong?"

"Tokuchi! What do we do now? We finally manage to manipulate their shady signals, but if we continue like this, it's not enough to deceive them." I whisper to him.

"Don't think too much. Just follow the manager's signal and you'll be just fine."

"Huh? What about deceiving the–"