0.4

"Who's pregnant?"

Calum turned around, and he felt his insides bunch up into a ball. Ashton opened his mouth to speak, but shut it quickly after looking at Calum.

"Uh, my cousin, Aleeah. She's only 16, so it's kinda a shock to all of us." Calum lied.

Like scrunched his nose up. "I don't get it. How was her boyfriend dumb enough not to use a condom? Like, he just ruined her entire life, right there. How could anyone be that selfish? I don't know. I'm rambling about something I don't have any business talking about."

Calum chuckled nervously. "Yeah, uh.. We don't get it either. But, I mean, her life isn't ruined, really. She's just starting things really early."

"Her life is totally ruined, Cal."

Calum furrowed his eyebrows. "How, exactly?"

Like licked his lips. "She'll have to, like, stay home and watch her baby. She might have to drop out of school. Or get like six jobs to be able to afford stuff to take care of it. Like, that's gonna suck so hard."

Calum nodded, understanding where Luke was coming from, and suddenly, he felt as if he were going to puke.

"Are you alright, Calum?" Ashton asked, leaning forward in his chair, the worry painted on his face replacing his usual dimpled smile.

"What? Oh, uh, yeah. I'm not feeling too well though. I think I'm gonna head home or something. I'll catch you guys later."

Luke and Ashton bid him goodbyes, telling him to get better soon so they could throw another party soon. Cal nodded and made his way out to his car, crashing in the drivers seat. He leaned his head back and ran his hands through his hair, too upset and frustrated to even do anything.

Luke made him realize how much he ruined Chelsea's life. First, he took her virginity, and with that, he gave her something no girl her age would ever want. Something far worse than feelings. He gave her a child.

Instead of going out with her friends, partying, like most girls would, she would have to stay back and feed her cravings. She'd have to go out and buy cribs and diapers, rather than a prom dress.

Because of Calum, she'd lose her boyfriend, and she could possibly even lose her brother. He felt worse than terrible. The lowest point he could possibly feel; that's where he was. He just wished he could change it, to make sure this never happened so Chelsea could carry on the happy life she had before.

He wasn't even worried about himself anymore. He was worried about the sixteen year old girl who was carrying his child.

Calum swore then and there, he was done with sex. He couldn't risk messing up someone else the way he had with Chelsea. He swore to himself also that he would do anything at all to make this easier on her, to help at all. He'd messed up enough, the least he could do was help out.

Calum decided he'd be at every doctors appointment. He'd be right there, seeing his child for the first time, hearing it's heartbeat. He decided he'd stay by Chelsea's side. He'd buy her all the foods she needed for her weird cravings. He'd buy her maternity clothing, clothes for the baby, diapers, bottles, whatever she needed. He would be there for the child's birth. He'd be at every birthday, every ballet recital or soccer game, whenever Chelsea needed him or whenever his baby did.

For once in his life, Calum was going to be responsible.

The black iPhone in the passenger seat vibrated furiously.

Calum.

Calum, I need you.

Michael knows.

I'm on the way to the doctor.

He doesn't know it's yours. He thinks it's Luke's.

When are we gonna tell him?

Oh my god, I'm so scared.

Calum, are you there?

Calum picked the phone up and read all of the texts, all from Chelsea. "Shit," he cursed, under his breath. He unlocked the phone and typed out a reply.

We'll tell everyone tomorrow. They all need to know. Get everyone at yours at, like, two. I'll be there, and we'll explain everything. We can't keep this from them forever.

He waited a few minutes after pressing send, and the device vibrated again.

Okay. Tomorrow. 2:00. Bye, Calum.

Calum drove home after that. That night, he didn't sleep a minute. He was too terrified. Tomorrow at 2:00. Everything was going to change, and there was absolutely nothing he could do about it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this is short and it sucks but yeah