002,

002, UN-FUCKING-BELIEVABLE !

        WITH her back leant against the icy cold, brick wall of the betting den, her dark eyes scanning over the Jordan and the Shelby families in front of her, Katherine Jordan waited for the family meeting to begin

WITH her back leant against the icy cold, brick wall of the betting den, her dark eyes scanning over the Jordan and the Shelby families in front of her, Katherine Jordan waited for the family meeting to begin. They were all there, Jordan family (Will, Tilly, Eddie and Katherine) and Shelby family (Polly, Arthur, Tommy, John and Ada), all of them gathered around in the betting den. The brunette was still none the wiser to the cause of this particular family meeting, just as she was still none the wiser on what had angered Arthur earlier on that very day.

    A cigarette was clasped in between her two fingers, as the petite brunette stood between John and Eddie, a few mere feet behind Ada. She was bored already, and the meeting hadn't even started yet! Katherine always found family meetings boring. Arthur began to speak, catching the families' attentions instantly.

    "Right, I've called this family meeting because I've got some very important news. Scud-Boat and Love-Lock got back from Belfast last night. They were buying a stallion to cover their mares. They were in a pub on Shank Hill Road yesterday, and in that pub there was a Copper, handing out these." Arthur explained to them all, gruffly, handing Ada a piece of paper — a flyer. John was quick to snatch the paper from her hands, Ada shooting her brother a harsh glare in return. With a roll of her eyes at the pair of siblings, Katherine grabbed the paper from John, in a similar manner to the way he had done so to Ada, earning herself a sharp glare, too, though her's was aimed at her by John. She sent him a sarcastic smile, moving the paper so the four of them — including Eddie — could see it.

    "If your over five feet and can fight, come to Birmingham." John read off of the paper. Katherine looked at Arthur, and her eldest brother, William Jordan (or, Will, as they all knew him as), who was stood next to him, one of her eyebrows raised, urging them to explain.

    "They're recruiting Protestant Irishmen to come over here as Specials." Will announced, putting everyone's confusing to bed, his eyes watching as Katherine scrunched her nose up at this. The petite, brunette woman looked over to her older sister, Tilly, who was stood on the opposite side of the room, next to Polly, who sat at the table, undeniable power tainting her aura. Tilly shrugged at her little sister, and nodded back to Will and Arthur, her blonde curls bobbing up and down as she did so. Katherine turned her dark brown eyes back to her brother and Arthur once again.

    "To do what?" Ada asked, looking up at the two men. Katherine took a drag of her cigarette, turning her head and blowing smoke into Eddie's face, just to purposely annoy her older brother. Eddie, who was the third to eldest of the Jordan siblings (or, second to youngest as Katherine constantly reminded him), grimaced at this and shot her a warning look. Katherine merely smiled at him in triumph — she had won. She knew how to annoy Eddie, just as she knew how to annoy her other siblings. One of the perks of being the baby of the family.