Chapter 9

Colby was walking back from the store when it started to rain. He thought to himself 'the only time I'm not in my car'. Colby didn't run or try to find shelter though because the rain had already soaked him top to bottom. He walked back into the house looking like a drowned rat as Sam walked towards him. "Oh my god Colby! You're drenched! You're going to catch a cold! Why didn't you find shelter and wait it out or order an Uber?" Sam enquired worrying about Colby's health.
"It doesn't matter Sam." Colby mumbled not looking at Sam as he walked towards the stairs.
"COLBY! What is up with you lately? Why are you acting this way?" Sam snapped getting slightly angry at Colby who was avoiding his questions. Colby walked past Sam and started heading up the stairs towards his room. When he got to his room he immediately locked the door and rested his forehead against it as he began to quietly cry. Sam walked up to his door and knocked. "Colbs? You ok? I'm so for raising my voice just now, it's just... I'm worried about you. You're not acting like yourself." Sam the heard the feint crying of Colby on the other side of the door. He tried to open it but obviously Colby had just locked it. Sam then pressed his forehead against the door. "Please Colby, tell me what's wrong." He pleaded as he started tearing up himself. At this point Colby had turned around and sat down with his back leaning up against the door.
"I can't, I'm sorry Sammy." Colby whispered just loud enough for Sam to hear. Sam then turned around and slid down the door just like Colby had done moments before.
"I don't understand. Why can't you tell me Colbs? Why won't you let me in? Who hurt you to make you feel this way? Please Colbs, you can tell me anything." Sam pleaded still sitting up against the door.
"I can't, I'm sorry. I'm sorry Sam." Colby cried, his voice cracking with every word. It was so painful to shut out the only person he told everything too but if he didn't he would of told Sam about his feelings for him and then he might of lost Sam. Colby was stuck, he didn't want to loose his best friend but whatever he chose there was a big chance of him loosing Sam. On the other side of the door Sam felt so much pain because Colby wasn't telling him what was wrong, they told each other everything so this was really painful for Sam to watch as his friend go through something that really upsets him. All Sam wanted to do was help make Colby feel better but how could he do that if Colby wouldn't open up to him.
A few hours past and Colby finally unlocked his door and opened it to find Sam sleeping on the cold, wooden floor. Colby carefully picked Sam up and took him to his room. He placed him on his bed and tucked him in before kissing his forehead lightly. "Goodnight, Sammy." Colby smiled looking at peaceful Sam. Luckily the house was empty because the roommates were filming an overnight video with Elton. Colby snuck out of Sam's room and quietly shut the door behind him. As Colby was walking to his room everything started spinning and his vision went blurry as he fell onto the floor unconscious but somehow that didn't wake Sam up.

(Please remember to vote and thank you so much for reading!)
Word count: 602