Chapter 8 - Puppy eyes

Hiccup's POV
---------------

"Mm.."

I'm cold and every muscle in my body is hurting.

Moving a bit, I lessen the pressure on my shoulder which is hurting the most and then, with a small shudder, I curl my legs up to my chest and snuggle deeper into the warmth behind me.

So soft and warm, this really is a good blanket, fitting perfectly against my body, if only it could cover the entire front as well.

Lifting my arms, I intend to wrap myself with them, however I frown as I discover that there is already something around my chest.

In my muddled state I absentmindedly touch it a bit and then find another patch of skin to cover up with my arms before yawning and leaning my head back.

However there is something my mind can't let go of and as I realize what it is I instantly open my eyes and throw myself forward.

That was a par of arms!

Scurrying away I turn around as I reach for my hip, but my hand only comes in contact with skin and as I look down, my body tenses up.

I don't have my sword, belt or bag, I don't have anything on me at all!

"Who are you!?"

The urge to get a grip of the situation grows at the discovery, however as I question him in a hostile manner, I still continue to retreat, crawling backwards.

The young man that was awoken by my violent movement appear to be alarmed and frantically looks around. However to my surprise, he then seemingly relaxes and turns his head towards me, giving me a questioning look.

I grit my teeth and repeat my question.

"Who are you?"

Staring at me he tilts his head and then as if realizing something he looks at himself before raising his head and hesitantly opening his mouth.

"Ah..Ai- I'mh To-tooless."

Toothless?

Memories of yesterday rush back to me and looking down I hastily blink my eyes, trying to resist tears from compromising my vision.

"Toothless.."

After getting control of my eyes, I give the weird man that is most likely a dragon hunter a glance and then clench my jaw, hurriedly standing up.

I need to find him, I need to find his body.

Not bothering with retrieving my clothes that are scattered further in the cavern, I sprint forward towards the exit.

However, I only take a few steps before collapsing back onto the ground.

Something's wrong.

But I don't have time to think about it as I hear that man stand up and walk towards me. Turning my head back I give him a quick glance before stand up again and desperately walking as fast as I can as I continue forward with shaky steps.

"Ahh.."

My heart skip a beat.

I was too hurried in my escape and not knowing my own body's current limit, I stumbled.