Chapter 1: Enter Batmunk

It was a dark foggy night in the city and a huge plane with bat shaped wings was flying over the area. Inside the cockpit was Brice Wayne who was a famous toy inventor, but also had a secret job as Batmunk, dedicated crime fighter and protector of the innocent. He was on crime watch duty again, surveying the city for anything suspicious.

An alarm sounded from the computer, showing the location of a robbery. "A robbery in progress sir", drowned the voice of the Bat Plane. "I'm on my way," the costumed crime fighter replied and steered the plane to the location.

At a toy shop marked Brice Wayne's toys, three clown-like criminals named Moe, Curly and Chuckles had broken in.  Moe was the stout one with red hair and wore a pink shirt with blue and green dungarees, large yellow floppy shoes and a huge green bow tie. Curly was the muscular one with black hair who wore a blue jacket with red and white trousers, big blue shoes and a white and red polka dot tie. Chuckles was the shortest of them with blonde hair and always smoked a cigar. He wore a pink jacket with green trousers and small red elf-like shoes.

They had been given a job by their boss and were determined not to fail this time. Moe was taking away the Batmunk action figures one by one from it's display in the front window and switching them with Jokester toys, while Curly held out the torch.

 "Hurry up you morons", yelled Chuckles, "switch those toys!" Moe didn't like being yelled at. "Okay, okay, I'm going as fast as I can", he said as he put the last of the action figures in a sack and put the final Jokester action figure in their place.

"Mission accomplished, " said Chuckles triumphantly and they fled from the toy store with their sacks and headed to their Jokester mobile. It was peculiar looking red and yellow vehicle with pink wheels that had features at the front that looked like the face of a clown with it's green windows as eyes, the red and yellow hood as it's face and mouth and the white front bumper in the shape of a row of teeth. Chuckles opened the boot and poured his sack of Batmunk action figures inside.

"The boss is gonna give us a bonus for replacing all the Bat toys with the Jokester's toys," he told them proudly. Curly however was sure that this crime had been too easy and sensed that there was trouble ahead. "If we can get back to the fun house before that Batmunk shows up," he answered.

Chuckles was in no mood for Curly's doubts and pulled him by his tie. "There ain't no Batmunk, you bozo," he said irritably, "he's just a toy that that Brice Wayne guy invented."

Suddenly a bright light glared down on them and a voice boomed out. "Good Evening," said Batmunk's voice from a speaker, "stay where you are gentlemen."

But the three crooks had no intention of staying where they were, they looked up to see it was the Bat Plane and leapt into the Jokester mobile.

 "I thought you said he was just a toy", muttered Curly to Chuckles. "Let's get out of here," whimpered Moe who never liked being in the center of trouble.

The Jokester mobile sped away. Batmunk landed the Bat Plane on the ground and transformed it into a Bat Car. He wouldn't lose these criminals so easily.

Curly stepped hard on the accelerator, determined not to let this costumed crime fighter catch them. Moe and Chuckles threw pies in the direction of the Bat Car, but to their horror, the Bat Car seemed to be getting closer and closer.

Both cars drove on and the three clowns noticed that they were heading for the pier. Chuckles pressed a button releasing several oil filled balloons that fired from the exhaust pipe onto the pier in the Bat Car's direction. The car skidded in the water and the three clowns got out of their car and surveyed the edge of the pier, certain that they had seen the last of this mysterious vigilante.

Under the water, Batmunk pressed a button and transformed the Bat Car to the Bat Plane. Up it soared to the surface, crashing through the structure of pier and separating the three clowns from their car.

The Bat Plane transformed back into the Bar Car once again and stopped in front of them. Batmunk climbed out. A Bat-like shadow surrounded the three clowns and they stepped backwards in terror as Batmunk shifted the large flowing cape around him into the wings of a bat to reveal a costume of dark blue and grey with a Bat Cowl, gold framed glasses and a shiny gold belt with the initials BM on the buckle.

The three clowns shook with fear as Batmunk kept coming closer and closer.  They fell to their knees and continued to shake.

"Spare us, please", begged Chuckles.

 "Yeah," said Curly, "it was just a joke."

"Crime is not funny gentleman," said Batmunk sternly, "I'm afraid I'll have to call the authorities."

"Couldn't you just let us go?" begged Chuckles.

"Yeah, you know, just this one time?" said Curly.

"We promise to be good," added Moe.

Batmunk considered the matter. He wasn't sure whether they were telling the truth or not but he had to give them the benefit of the doubt. If there was a chance those three crooks would change their ways, he wanted to seize this moment.

"Well alright," Batmunk replied, "But only on one condition."

"Anything, anything!" the three clowns chorused.

"You have to promise to give up your lives of crime," said Batmunk firmly.

The three clowns silently chuckled at hearing this, wondering how this hero could be so guillible. "Oh we promise", they chorused together.

"Well then," said Batmunk, "You're free to go."

Suddenly he looked in horror at the guns in their hands. Were they going to shoot him? No, instead three grapples shot out of their gun barrels and tied Batmunk up. He struggled and fell to the ground.

"You Bat fool," sneered Chuckles, "you'll never get us to give up our life of crime."

"Yeah", added Curly, "Adios Rodent!"

The three took to their heels and fled down the pier as fast as they could.

"I just hate it when people break their promise," muttered Batmunk. He reached for his utility belt and pressed a button on the side. All at once, a compartment on the front of the buckle opened, revealing a pair of sheers to cut him free.

The three clowns were still escaping, but Batmunk was even more determined to see that justice was done.

He pulled out a grappling hook from his belt and threw it in the direction of Curly.

"Not so fast!" said Batmunk as the grappling hook looped around Curly's body and he fell into some crates with a tremendous crash.

 "Next," said Batmunk as he fired three darts in front of Moe. The darts hit some large barrels with the words OLIVE OIL on them. Oil gushed from the holes, covering the ground of the pier in a sticky yellow mess. 

Moe didn't noticed what the caped avenger had done and instantly slipped and slid on the spilled oil and landed hard in a nearby empty barrel.

Now only Chuckles was left and he was running away as fast as he could.

Batmunk took out a Batarang and threw it in the direction of a crane that had a hook with hanging melons attached to it. The Batarang cut through the rope and the entire load of melons fell.

"Missed me!" sneered Chuckles, but the melons fell right on top of him. Chuckles managed to free himself, but one melon landed hard on his head.

Batmunk looked around at the now three sorry-looking crooks.

"You really should of taken my offer," he said sadly, "Now I'm afraid I'll have to leave you for the Police."

A siren sounded in the distance and Batmunk ran back to the Bat Car. Driving off the pier, he transformed the car into the plane and flew away into the distance.

The Police then arrived and bundled the defeated clowns into a Police Car. They had failed their task and the boss would not be pleased with them.