Chapter 8: Happy to the rescue

At Funland Park, the broken clock in the distance ticked. It was already five minutes till midnight and time was running out.

Jokester had tied both Brice and Nicki up and placed them in a cart of the run down roller coaster attraction and was moving it to the very top.

"Sayonara, suckers", he said.

Nicki looked at Brice hopefully, she had never seen him look so down in the dumps. "Don't worry Mr. Wayne," she said reassuringly, "Batmunk will save us."

Brice however knew this wasn't true. "I doubt it," he replied.

Jokester was admiring his handiwork. A part of the roller coaster track had been broken and he was planning to let them fall to their doom if Batmunk didn't show up.

"He has five minutes," he sneered, "then you two are history!" He then pointed to the broken part of the track. Nicki groaned in despair. If Batmunk didn't show up soon, they were doomed. Brice felt he had let everybody down. How could he have been so stupid to get kidnapped himself?

Meanwhile in the Batcave, Happy dressed himself in the Batmunk costume. He decided he was going to save his master and Nicki himself.

"If the Jokester wants Batmunk," he said to himself, "he'll get Batmunk."

Happy then scrambled into the Bat Car's driver's seat. "Oh dear," he thought, "I've never driven this before." He pulled a lever hoping to at least get it started. 

"Morning Sir," the computer voice said, "the car is in... reverse!" as the car lurched backwards. The car went on zooming backwards on the driving slope and crashed through the wall of Wayne Manor like a bizarre fairground ride. Happy screamed with fright.

The car was in the air, but it wouldn't be long before it dropped from the sky. Happy frantically pulled many levers and pressed many buttons before successfully transforming the car into a plane. Happy tried his best to control it, but it sped through the sky like an aerobatic stunt plane climbing and losing altitude every inch of the way. Happy continued to scream as it began plummeting to the ground.

"I highly recommend the grey button,"  said the computer voice.

"Which grey button?" asked Happy as  to him, they all looked the same.

"All of them!" said the computer.

Happy pressed then all frantically and the Bat Plane gained altitude again, keeping on it's course heading for Funland Park where Brice and Nicki were being held. Happy hoped that he wasn't too late. He may not of been a dashing crime fighter like his master, but he would try his best to save them, so how and some way.