Chapter 4: Nicki comes to visit

Next Morning at Wayne Manor, Happy was tidying up one of the rooms as usual.

There was a sudden knock on the door. Happy put down his duster and went to answer it.

"Coming, Coming," he said.

Happy opened the door to see in front of him a pretty female chipmunk with long brown hair tied back. She was dressed in a smart suit and hat and wore a large pair of pink glasses.

"Brice Wayne?" she asked.

Happy adjusted his bow tie nervously, he had never seen a more beautiful woman.

"Uh, No, No, I'm Happy," he said.

"Good for you," said the woman, not knowing that Happy was actually introducing himself and she stepped inside, "I'm Nicki Nale, I'm here for my interview with the fabulous toy inventor Brice Wayne."

"Oh yes certainly," said Happy, "follow me".

He took her into the sitting room and led her to a cosy looking chair.

"Mr. Wayne will be down in a minute Miss Nale," said Happy.

As Nicki sat down, Happy couldn't help staring at how beautiful she was.

"Has anyone ever told you you're..." he began.

"Beautiful", finished Nicki, "yes thank you." She was used to men finding her attractive, but she hadn't become a journalist just by her good looks.

Brice suddenly walked in.

"Miss Nale," he said, "I assume you're hear to talk about the Orphan's Benefit."

"Well yes," said Nicki, getting up out of her chair, "and hopefully your new toy."

"Perhaps I could show you my workshop," said Brice, leading her out of the room.

"Lovely," said Nicki. She liked this handsome, friendly gentleman and was looking forward to seeing the secrets of the wonderful toys he made.

After walking though a corridor, they reached a room with a small door. Nicki squeezed her way though.

"Isn't this a little small?" she asked.

"I like to have the attitude of a small child when I create toys," replied Brice as he followed her inside.

Nicki couldn't believe her eyes. The room was full of toys from top to bottom. It was like being in Santa's grotto at Christmas.

She picked up one of Brice's toys and looked at it with excitement.

"That's the musical whirly copter," she said, "your first big toy success."

Brice looked at her with admiration, "You know your toys Miss Nale."

She looked back at him, "Yes I do."

Meanwhile Happy was in the Bat Cave. He looked at his master's Batmunk costume and sighed.

"Mr. Wayne is so dashing," he said, "If only I could be more like him."

He pulled the costume out of the wardrobe and dressed himself. How heroic it made him feel. He then looked down at the Utility Belt.

"Look at all these buttons!" he said with excitement.

Happy pressed one on the side of the utility belt and a jet pack that was built into the cape suddenly activated, causing Happy to soar high into the air. It was fun, but didn't know how to stop.

Meanwhile Nicki was still interviewing Brice. They were now sitting on a comfortable green couch. Brice was begging to admire this journalist on how she wanted to get right down to the juicy part of her stories.

"So Mr. Wayne," she said, "why did you choose the orphan's benefit to unveil your new toy?"

"Well.." replied Brice, "I was an orphan once, so I'm giving all the profits of the toy to the orphan's fund."

Nicki gasped. She couldn't believe her ears. She had never met anyone as generous as Brice before. "All the profits?" she said, "why that could run into millions!"

Nicki then seductively moved closer to Brice. "Do you think I could see this toy?" she asked.

Brice began to get hot under collar. Feeling a little embarrassed, he cleared his throat. "I'm afraid it's locked in the vault of my toy store."

Suddenly a tremendous crash was heard. The two turned around to see Happy poking through the wall. Happy had flown into the wall and the Batmunk mask had fallen off, rolling onto the floor near Brice's feet. Brice quickly kicked the mask away.

"Happy are you okay?" asked Brice.

Happy looked extremely embarrassed. He had not meant for this to happen.

"Oh, I'm fine," he said. Attempting to cover up his mistake, he picked up the teapot which was sitting on a tray on a table next to Brice and Nicki. "Anyone like some tea?"

Brice laughed. "He's so loyal."