Mileven: Almost Paradise

Song: Almost Paradise by Mike Reno
This is a beautiful 80's song btw :)

Ship: Mileven

⚠️ Mature Content ⚠️

———————————————————————

Mike's point of view

I look across the room. She's sitting by the window, staring at the rain. Eleven always loved watching it when we were younger. Now at 22, her favorite thing is still the thunderstorms of our little town.

I watch her, twirling a piece of hair in between her fingers. She has a content smile on her face.

I move towards the window, El's smile getting wider as she hears my footsteps.

I sit across from her on the ottoman. She looks at me, resting her chin on her hand, "You look like you just had a really good dream, Mike," she says softly.

"You are a dream," I reach for her hands and my lips graze her knuckles. She's blushing when I let go, her eyes sparkling, "I didn't think  we would get this far."

El frowns, "Why do you say that?"

I can barely meet her eyes, "No matter how hard we tried, we would always get separated. We would always have to say goodbye. It still haunts me you know."

She nods, "When you let me stay at your house, I had this feeling. I didn't know what it was. But, I felt like the missing piece in my life was finally there. I was scared. But all the times I was scared, the thought of you made me feel better. I didn't realize that I needed you," she smiles at me, rubbing her thumb on my hand. She frowns suddenly, "I've never told anyone that before."

I laugh, "That's why I called you every night. I needed you,"

El's point of view

My grin widens when he mentions all the nights he used his radio to contact me.

He clears his throat, nervously. I frown at him again, "What's wrong Mike?"

"From the moment I saw you, I felt this connection. You were kind. And god, you were so beautiful," he looks down. I can feel the heat of my blush creeping over my cheeks.

He continues slowly, "The bald weirdo," he laughs, using the words Lucas used to describe me, "Little did I know that she would be the only thing I could think about for 353 days."

I feel my eyes starting to get itchy. I wipe them quickly.

"You know when I first loved you? When you said goodnight to me," he smiles, "I'll never forget the little voice from under the table where your fort was. 'Goodnight Mike'."

"Mike? What's going on?" I grab his hand again.

He looks at me with an intense but vulnerable gaze.

"El. I'm so in love with you. Everything about you. The way you walk, the way your whole face lights up when you laugh, the way you blush when I kiss you, the way your eyes sparkle when you look at the rain," he glances out the window. My mind spins, confused at what was going on.

"Mikey, please tell me what's going on," I look at him intently.

He smiles at me, standing up.

"Mike, what are you-"

I'm cut off when he reaches in his back pocket and he kneels, his left knee on the floor.

My hands fly to my mouth with a gasp, "Oh my god..."

He smirks at my reaction and opens the small ring box revealing a small diamond ring. The tanzanite is in the middle of the setting surrounded by small diamonds. It is stunning.

Mike looks up from the box at me. His eyes are glassy as he looks at me.

"Eleanor Jane Hopper, I've been wanting to ask you this for years. Since we were 18 to be honest," he chuckles, "but I felt like we're ready now."

Tears are now streaming down my face, looking at the man I love.

He takes a breath, "I've been in love with you for nine years. I fall in love with you all over again whenever I look at you. I'll take care of you and be there for you whenever you need me. I'll be there even if you don't need me," he swallows, "El, will you marry me?"

I can't even breathe as I choke out another sob, "Yes. YES!" I jump into his arms and he hugs me tightly, his arms around my upper waist. I feel his heart beating fast. I let him go and he slides the ring onto my ring finger.

I cup his face in my hands, "Michael James Wheeler. I love you more than anything in this universe. I always have. And I'll always need you," I smile at him, my eyes still wet.

He slides his thumb under my eye, wiping away the tears still escaping. He moves his hand behind my head and he moves closer.

My eyes close as our lips meet. His hands slide down my back and he rests his hands on my hips. We continue kissing and his mouth moves down my jawline to my neck.

He sucks the skin on my neck gently, his hands moving under the back of my shirt. I run my fingers through his hair, savoring the feeling of his lips on my skin.

He kisses my mouth slowly and my lips move on his passionately. My hands wander to the back of his T-shirt. I pull his shirt up, inching it away from his skin. He stops kissing me for a moment to take his shirt off.

Mike's mouth meets mine again, and his kisses become faster and more intense. We both gasp for breathe in between our connection and his hands touch every inch of my back.

He now tugs the edge of my shirt and I raise my arms to let him slide it off. It gets caught on my ear and I burst out laughing.

We finally get it off and Mike looks at me, "How come mine was easier to take off," he says, snickering.

"Oh shutup Mike," I press my mouth to his shoulder, enjoying the taste of his skin. He lifts me up, make me smile. My legs tighten around his waist as he carries me to our room.

He collapses on our bed, me now straddling his abdomen. I glance at my ring with a smile before getting lost in Mike's embrace.

———————————————————————

Here is the ring btw

stranger08011 I promise I'll write your request really soon!

stranger08011
I promise I'll write your request really soon!