Firis: Attention

Song: Attention by Charlie Puth

Ship: Firis

Just remember, this is when Finn and Iris are like 18/19

—————————————————————

Finn's point of view

"Iris! Stop! I'm sick of this. Stop spreading rumors that aren't true," I shout into the phone, angry at the pretty girl on the other end. I roll my eyes, hearing her excuse.

"You hurt me, okay? And they aren't lies, Finn. We were together and you left. You left! For her!" She shrieks back at me.

My jaw sets as I get ready to respond, "We weren't even together! And I didn't leave you for anybody. It's not leaving if we weren't dating to begin with."

I can practically hear the sarcasm dripping from her voice, "I had feelings for you! I was in love with you and you ignored me to be with that little brat!"

Now she had crossed a line, "Don't you dare call Millie that! And besides. Millie and I broke up months ago. We're just friends now. Why are you holding this grudge? We were only fucking 14!"

"I still had feelings at 14! I know you did too. I swear that kiss was real. You can't tell me you were faking it!"

"Fine! I had feelings for you! Happy?! But I wasn't in love. Sorry to tell you but I was in love with Millie and you stopped talking to me. You wouldn't stay my friend. So I ignored you. Iris, we've talked about this hundreds of times and every time I tell you the same thing. Just quit with the stupid rumors. I didn't do any of that!"

"Yes you did! You broke my heart Finn Wolfhard. And just because you're rich and famous and you have thousands of girls swooning, doesn't mean you're not a complete douche!"

And with that, I hang up. I'm sick of it. Sick of her.

I throw my phone on the couch, slumping down onto the plush cushions. I roll my eyes, putting her contact on do not disturb.

11:00 that night, at a party

I look around to see if I know anyone other than Jack, who sits next to me, his curly brown hair covering his eyes slightly.

I feel a nudge on my arm, "Hey bro. Finna go get a girl. Wish me luck," He smirks and gets up, moving quickly to a short girl with platinum blonde hair.

I roll my eyes, knowing he won't be back for the rest of the night. He and that girl are most likely gonna do more than dance, I think to myself, as I watch them grind together.

I'm not much of a party person.

I keep glancing around, trying to find someone so I don't look like a pathetic mess. If Millie or Sadie had been in town, I would've asked them to go with me as friends. Sadie is so fun to talk to and Millie loves to dance. Either girl would be fun.

My gaze stops on the curly haired girl in the corner. Her dress. I remember that dress. The dark pink sequins sparkle and light seems to bounce off of her figure, making her mesmerizing.

Shit.

Iris's eyes meet mine, her sly smile peeling into a full out smirk. She slithers over to me, her hips moving sensually as she walks.

I try to look away from her, try to fight it. But I've had a few drinks and my head is already getting a bit fuzzy. A dance wouldn't hurt. What could happen?

She comes and sits next to me, putting her hand on my knee. She has two Solo cups in her hands, shoving one of them into mine, "Come on Finnie, let's dance," her smile is sickeningly sweet, her eyes glittering with deception. I let her take my hand despite the dull feeling in my stomach.

She leads me like a stupid puppy to the dance floor, pulling me close and wrapping her arms around my neck. In between songs, I down every cup or shot she hands me.

Her perfume fills my nostrils, intoxicating me. Flashes of distant memories with this beautiful girl in front of me swirl in my head. The time she kissed me behind the car on the set of Sonora. The glances over her shoulder at me. When she would hug me goodbye after each day filming.

That was Iris. My Iris.

The girl in front of me is somebody else.

We sway to the music, our bodies pressed together. Why do I enjoy it? Her hands trail up my back, moving in my hair. We're sweating and she is so alluring. I can't help it. My head spins as I feel her breath on my lips, her chin knocking into mine.

I set my hands on her hips, kissing her jaw as we continue dancing. She moans slightly, obviously enjoying her scheme. I blink a few times, realizing what I'm doing. But it isn't me she enjoys is it? It's the idea of me.

I pull away from her abruptly, disgusted at what my drunken mind has done.

She frowns at me, pouting, "What's wrong? We were having a good time, weren't we?"

I shake my head in disbelief, "This is-I was so stupid-I-" I cut myself off, turning from the mob of sweaty bodies, and walking out the door.

Of course, I hear the click of heels hitting the floor behind me, "Finn! Where are you going?!" She grabs my arm, leaving a slight sting from where her nails dug into the skin.

I whip around, anger burning in my chest, "I'm done! You just want attention! You don't love me! You may have once but this is ridiculous! You just wanna make sure I don't fall for someone else. You want me in the palm of you hands, don't you? Well I'm done messing around. Bye," I walk quickly away from her, thankful my words hadn't slurred.

I see a cab coming near the street I'm on. I put my hand up to stop it.

Getting in the yellow car, I look at my phone. It's been -2 seconds and I already have a message from her.

I'm too drunk to read it, the words blur together in what seems like a foreign language.

I squint at the screen, hitting what I think is block. I swipe farther down and delete her contact.

I smile to myself, now content to nod to sleep.