Chapter 2

Lance awoke very tired that mourning. He stood up and looked in the mirror.

Then he gasped.

All his hair had turned silver.

"No No No No NOOO!!!!" He cried. "This can not be happening! When thought that they might accept me, I didn't mean I was ready to tell them just yet!"

The he thought about what his lion had said: They'd be thrilled!

"Well, I can't put foundation in my hair," Lance sighed. "May as well tell today."

He got dressed and went to the dining room, not covering up his marks.

***

Lance took a deep breath.

"No matter what happens, you're still gonna be Lance Mcclain!" he told himself, and entered the room.

"Um, hey Guys!" Lance smiled sheepishly.

All the paladins dropped their spoons with shocked faces. Alurra and Coran's backs were turned.

Alurra turned around. "Lance, you're late-" she dropped her bowl and it shattered on the floor.

"MY QUIZNACK!" Coran gasped.

"Lance, what happened to your hair?!" Shiro gasped.

"Don't you see?!" Coran gasped. "He's Altean!"

"Wait, what?!" Pudge jumped from her seat.

Coran had tears in his eyes and ran to Lance and hugged him. So did the rest of his team.

But Alurra still stood shocked. She hesitated hugging Lance. "Corran?" she asked.

Coran looked back at her. "Yes Princess?"

"Can I have a word with you? Alone?" she gestured for the paladins to leave, which they did.

But Lance stayed outside the door, listening.

"Isn't this exciting Princess? Lance is Altean!" corran cheered.

"It's just, hard to believe..." Alurra said.

"What do you mean?"

"Alteans are a dignified race of species, intelligent and brave. And Lance is so...not. It's embarrassing that someone like him could be one of us."

Lance heard this, and started to tear up. He ran all the way back to his room.

Lance cried for hours and hours.

I thought they would accept me, he thought. But no, I'm not good enough to be one of them.

(Sorry, short chapter! :( )