Chapter Five: Truth or Dare

Chapter Five (Dominic)

Dinner was loud and rowdy compared to lunch. People seemed to get more lively at night than during the day. It made me smile a little as boys whooped and hollared, laughing and telling stories. Yolo was telling us about his ex-boyfriend from back home and I noticed the way Kyle grew tense, but he said nothing and ate his pizza in silence.

"He was a hot tamale, boys," Yolo declared confidently, smacking his hand on the table for emphasis before licking some chocolate pudding off his lip, "He made freakin' Orlando Bloom look bad!"

"That's pretty attractive," Ryan pointed out, making Derrek roll his eyes, "I think you're lying, though. No one's that good looking." Yolo scowled as Derrek and Kyle shared looks that told me they begged to differ. Instead of joining in their conversation, though, they started their own as Ryan and Yolo once again began an argument about what made a real man.

"A real man, aside from me, of course," Yolo drawled, making me smirk, "Isn't just some buff man with a hot cock. A real man has attitude. He's gotta be able to tell the cops off and then sweep me off my feet, in more ways than one." He winked as he sucked the pudding off his spoon, making Kyle frown.

"You want a prison inmate?" He asked dryly. Yolo shrugged.

"If he's got a record, I don't mind. Ain't no sweat off my balls if he's got a temper. I can handle tempers." He added with a flirtatious eye blink that made Kyle look away, stuffing his comments down with pizza. Ryan rolled his eyes, shaking his head as he slurped up his coke.

"No way. I wouldn't wanna date a jailbird. First of all, say what you will, but he could hurt you right back and not that I'm a coward or anything, but I physically couldn't take on anyone. I'm more brains over brawn." He added with a shrug, making Yolo scrunch up his nose in distaste.

"I won't argue with the fact that you're as strong as a ten-year-old girl, but you want a boyfriend that sits in front of a computer all day looking up anime porn? Oh wait. I just described you." Yolo added with a giggle, making Derrek and Kyle laugh out loud. Ryan blushed.

"It wasn't all anime porn!"

"About seventy-five percent of it was."

"You're lying!"

"How dare you excuse me, Yolo of Awesome, of lying! I will crush you tonight in Truth or Dare." Yolo announced, folding his arms over his chest and looking away. Ryan scowled and threw a few insults before Kyle and Derrek had to get between them. I looked at River as he stared intently into his chicken noodle soup, as if waiting for a cobra to come dancing out.

"Truth or Dare?" I asked, partially afraid and partially excited at the idea of playing something like that. I'd never done it before and when I asked Jackson, he just told me we'll play Dare and he'll be making the Dares. It basically turned into another make out fest.

"We play it every Saturday night." River responded quietly as he slowly came out of his trance to look at me with tired hazel eyes, his blonde hair hanging over his face. I fought the blush that was rising in my cheeks and nodded, looking away to nibble on my vegetarian pizza.

"Cool, I've never played it before." I admitted. Yolo overheard this and stared at me in disbelief.

"You've had sex in a church utility closet, but you've never played truth or dare?" He asked, stunned. Even Ryan was looking at me in surprise. This time, I did blush as I set my pizza down.

"It wasn't sex. And... I've never had any friends to play it with before." I responded defensively. Yolo sighed, waving a hand in his face before pointing at my face.