Chapter Seven: Hunting Games

Chapter Seven (River)

Camp Savior is just what I expected from a gay-to-straight camp.

Strict, religious, cruel, and harsh. It was why I chose this camp of the other ones to attend willingly after I was caught with my biology teacher. It had only been a physical attraction and I decided that I had nothing to lose, so I asked him flat out if I could fuck him and he agreed. Wasn't it more his fault than mine? Of course, that's not how the administration saw it.

I mean, you don't do that at a Catholic college. It's wrong. It's sinful. I believed all of it as they gave me two choices. One was to abandon my studies at one of the most prestigious Catholic colleges in the United States or to seek counseling at Camp Savior. I didn't want to leave my studies or the comfort of living on my own without having to pay room and board because of a scholarship.

I accepted the challenge. After all, I don't think I was in love with my biology teacher. He was just beautiful and I wanted to know what it was like to have a relationship with someone. Maybe I was hoping that by doing that, I'd fall in love with him, but of course, that didn't work. I felt nothing more. In fact, I was bored after I was finished and apologized for not feeling anything.

I think that's what drove him to snitch on me. Why would a professor tell the administration that I had sex with him? Not only was I punished, but he as well. He was suspended. How did this benefit anyone?

Well, it didn't matter anymore because now I had bigger problems.

Everything had been going perfectly fine at camp. I felt like I was finally reaching a stage of peace and harmony when he came to camp. I'd only thought one other man was attractive and that was my biology teacher.

Until I met Dominic Smith.

The moment I saw him, I knew I was in trouble. He was beautiful and adorable at the same time. His hair reminded me of a crow's feather because it was so black and swept over his face, hanging in his deep, sea blue eyes. He reminded me of a porcelain doll because his skin looked so smooth and touchable. He also looked fantastic in a pair of shorts, his slender legs disappearing into those hulky black boots of his.

It was like he climbed right out of my deepest, most hidden fantasizes.

And I hated myself for wanting him.

How could this happen? Everything had been going smoothly until this... terrorist showed up. That's exactly what I thought of him as. The worst part?

He was nice. Dominic smiled, even when I knew he didn't want to smile. He didn't bother other people with his problems and he listened so well. He was sweet and cared about the group, the way he'd warn Yolo about the stupid things he was about to do. He just had no idea how honest his face was. He could smile all he wants, but whenever I met his eyes, I instantly felt like I was sucked into his mind.

And that only pissed me off more.

I sighed, running my hands through my hair as I sat on the bottom bunk of my bed, rubbing my temples. I tried not to talk to Dominic as much as possible, but he always ended up in the same place I was. I know he wasn't doing it on purpose, but it was like fate stuck him there as an obstacle.

If I went to the showers, Dominic would just be coming out, all flushed from the warm water and relieved to be clean. If I went to the arts and crafts cabin, there he was with Yolo, sculpting and he wasn't even good at it, yet he kept going, just for Yolo's sake. It didn't help that we shared a cabin, so I saw him even more, especially at night.

After he fell asleep, I'd sat up and watch him. Not because I was a creep, but because he watched me back and I wanted to see if I could last as long as he could.