Chapter Fifteen: Mi Querido

Chapter Fifteen (Yolo)

River forced me to change into a pair of sweatpants and a loose sweatshirt over my graphic gray t-shirt of Marilyn Monroe. I really didn't want to dress so... plainly, but River insisted that anything else would get in the way.

"All right," River said, standing at the center of the court, that thankfully Kyle had abandoned for the day, "You need to be flexible. I recommend you stretch before you do anything or you could hurt yourself. Basketball requires lots of running and jumping. You also have to be alert. Watch for openings and watch for fakes. Kyle likes using those especially. He'll fake moves and shoots. From playing against him, I've learned that he favors half court shots to anything. And you can jump all you want, but you'll never hit him. He's too tall." I scowled, folding my arms over my chest as River twirled the basketball on his finger expertly.

"You make it sound impossible." I deadpanned. River raised an eyebrow, bouncing the ball off his fingertip and into his palm before he held the ball out, dropping it so it bounced a couple times before he caught it again.

"I told you, it pretty much is. Kyle's the best player I've known. He could be a professional if he wanted." He added, making me scrunch my nose up, dropping my arms to my sides where I clenched them as fists.

"Oi! Miestro, por que no me enseñas como jugar? Teach me how to play, not how I'm gonna lose, pendejo." I retorted, making River shrug.

"Fine. One on one. Try and take the ball from me and make a shot." River commanded, then dropped the ball and began to dribble it. I remembered how Kyle had moved when we were on the court earlier.

The way his long, muscular legs were bent at the knee, pushed onto the balls of his feet so as to make him take off faster. How his hands were positioned in an attempt to grab and the way he watched me intently, waiting for a chance to snatch the ball. He faked a move to the right, but caught me on the left before taking off with the ball.

Mm, the sweat collecting on the sides of his face, making his hair curl a little and the intensity in his sexy blue eyes. The way his tongue flicked over his lips and his breath came out in short, eager pants.

Aye, pero tan erótico... Oh wait. Basketball. Right!

I snapped back to see River giving me a weird look, so I took my chance and darted out, smacking the ball away from him, dribbling it as I backed away. River whipped around and lunged at me quickly, making me gasp and take another jolting step back. I turned and dribbled toward one of the hoops, jumping and throwing the ball, watching it sail through the air before bouncing off the rim and right into River's hands.

"Maldita sea!" I cursed, then turned to River, who shrugged.

"You seem to have dribbling and stealing down. It's making shots that you suck at, and unfortunately, that's the point of the game."

"Cierra tu pico! We're not done yet. Let's practice making shots then." I insisted, coming over to snatch the ball from River, who held it out of my reach, raising an eyebrow.

"You can't do it if you're gonna get pissy. You need to relax. Keep your legs slightly bent," He nudged his foot behind my knees, making me frown as I obeyed, "And crouch a little bit. Hold the ball gently, then push off the ground and aim with your eyes, position your hands, then push the ball from behind and below." I sighed, but obeyed.

I had to do this.

I had to get my hands on Kyle.

Literally.

And I already see it now, after I won of course. I'd pull Kyle off to the side during the bonfire, watching him squirm and try and get away, but I know for a fact that he was just playing hard to get. He'd melt under my fingers like chocolate. I'd take all my time trying to memorize every dip and curve of his body.